TalusMonkey died one year ago today.

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Spam
14ers: 15 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (3)

Re: TalusMonkey died one year ago today.

Post by Spam »

Holly,

Long time no talk. I hope you all are well and you are still finding more comfort as the time goes on. Did you ever get those flags back from your Mom? You will have to post a pic of Talys sometime for all of us to see. Happy Birthday to her very soon here huh? Take care and enjoy the happy memories and have a good laugh today:

Corey
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs
OBX Fisherman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by OBX Fisherman »

It is truly hard to believe its been a year since his accident. I knew him for 24 years. I raised a glass of Colt 45 to his honor last night and read the main thread again. Thanks to everyone who posted their thoughts and prayers and offered their assistance to myself and David's mother and brother-in-law while we were in Denver. Special Thanks to Caroline and to all the SAR folks who helped bring David off the mountain. I think of David everyday and revel in his spirit and enthusiasm! He was a one of kind individual who lived life on his terms. He is missed, but will never be forgotten!

Viva La Talus Monkey!!!
krz2fer
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (10)

Post by krz2fer »

Man he seemed to be such a rad dude. I wish I'd known him. Definitely thought about him a lot during hikes this past year.

I'm sure he's looking down on the 14er community! :)
Chris
mount_quandary
14ers: 4 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mount_quandary »

To David's friends and family,

We live in Wisconsin, we didn't know David, we never met him...yet he touched our life as well ....How many people can say that THEY touched so many people that they had never met....David's whole story from his Trail head Reports, his pictures his love of the mountains was so inspiring no one will ever forget him...the love that poured out for his search and rescue was amazing, the tributes to follow, all of the Hikes/climbs in his honor continue today! All of you were so blessed to have had him in your lives, we will keep each of you in our thoughts and prayers in honor of him

He truly was a person that was meant to be!!! How many of us can say that?
Hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, live like you're not afraid of dying, don't be scared just enjoy the ride!
gurlyclimber
14ers: 34 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gurlyclimber »

I miss him. Still think about him constantly. I don't see that ever changing.

Holly, so nice to talk to you the other night.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

To this day, I can think about him and smile, be grateful that he was a friend, grateful for the impact he had on me & this community, and know that wherever he is, they're glad to have him.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List