Kevin Hayne Photo Memorial Thread

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Kevin Hayne Photo Memorial Thread

Post by mtgirl »

Britt.....you are first class.....I hope our paths cross someday.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
weschun
14ers: 38  12 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by weschun »

Though about Kevin a lot today on Lindsey.
Attachments
kevin3.jpg
kevin3.jpg (91.11 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
Last edited by weschun on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm striving to be the man my dog thinks I am.
greenwok
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by greenwok »

Nice Wes! Wish I had been able to join you - I guess the local hike of Bierstadt was calling -
weschun wrote:Though about Kevin a lot today on Lindsey.
The question is not what you look at, but what you see
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
kenike
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kenike »

I thought about Kevin when I made the summit of Massive on the 3rd of July. I failed to print a memorial photo, but I did sit on the summit about 20-minutes and prayed. Thanks to Travis for sending me contact info for Kevin's parents. I was able to contact them and give my condolences. What an amazing young man....I only wish now I could've had the opportunity to have met him in this life.
greenwok
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by greenwok »

For Kevin!

Lynn, Beth, Alyssa - we love you!
Holy Cross Summit KG w KH Memorial 072410.JPG
Holy Cross Summit KG w KH Memorial 072410.JPG (205.41 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
Holy Cross KH Memorial Card 072410.JPG
Holy Cross KH Memorial Card 072410.JPG (305.97 KiB) Viewed 5443 times
The question is not what you look at, but what you see
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
weschun
14ers: 38  12 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by weschun »

Nice job Kent.

Kevin and his family are still very much in my thoughts, especially when I'm in the back country.
Attachments
IMG_3270k14.jpg
IMG_3270k14.jpg (90.83 KiB) Viewed 5354 times
IMG_3271k14.jpg
IMG_3271k14.jpg (83.8 KiB) Viewed 5356 times
I'm striving to be the man my dog thinks I am.
kara
14ers: 41 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kara »

Colorado 2010 150.1.jpg
Colorado 2010 150.1.jpg (223.38 KiB) Viewed 5312 times
Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence. --Hermann Buhl
wave221
Trip Reports (0)

Post by wave221 »

Hi everyone. This memorial is a great thing. In fact I became so inspired by this that i wished to take it a step further. I contacted the ExtremeEverest ascent team for 2012. Kevin was a very close friend of mine and talked about how he always wanted to attempt a ascent on Everest. With a small ($1000 or more) sponsorship to this group they have agreed to carry a silk flag to summit and take a photo that we can then give to the family. I was hoping, with your help, we could sponsor them. Below is the email response they have sent me. If you are at all interested in helping please do not hesitate to email me at wave221@gmail.com. I will be getting a formal letter drawn up soon. God bless. -Will

Hello Will,

Thank you so much for visiting our Everest Expedition website and for your generous offer to be a sponsor. It is much appreciated! I learnt about Kevin on the Internet, as I read the information about his climb. It is always extremely sad when accidents occur in the mountains, but climbers enjoy so much being in the mountains, that we are willing to accept certain levels of risk, although we don't have total control about the conditions on the rock and ice, or what mother nature has reserved for us during a climb (weather changes, etc). I understand what you feel and it will be an honour for us to carry a printed sign, in memory of Kevin, as described in your original email. As you know, the weight while climbing at high altitude is critical, so perhaps you can prepare a silk (light weight) sign sized 11x17 or so with the text for our photo. I will be able to take photos at various camps and at the summit. I hope that the weather and ice conditions will cooperate at the time of summit attempt.

If you decide to go ahead, please let me know, and I will send you an address where you can mail the silk flag. Thanks so much again for your willingness to be a sponsor of this Everest Expedition. Your contribution will help to keep Mt Everest as clean and pristine as possible, while contributing to improve the lives of the Sherpas in Nepal.

Please feel free to pass the Extreme Everest 8850 expedition website (http://www.ExtremeEverest8850.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to family, friends, local mountaineering clubs, and other potential supporters. Your contributions will make possible this truly test of the human spirit, based on motivation and real passion for the mountains.

Thanks again and all the best!

Everest Team
Horacio Galanti
Everest Expedition Leader
team@extremeeverest8850.com
http://www.extremeeverest8850.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

August 15, 2010
Attachments
Thinking of you Kevin...and Lynn, Beth & Alyssa
Thinking of you Kevin...and Lynn, Beth & Alyssa
175.jpg (129.08 KiB) Viewed 4794 times
Cookie
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Cookie »

We did not know Kevin, but his love of life and love for the Lord were amazing! Our thoughts were of him and his family as we summited Missouri Mtn on September 28th. this was the second summit for our 6 year old.
~Cookie
Attachments
Colorado 2010 154.1.jpg
Colorado 2010 154.1.jpg (94.27 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Kevin, it was my great joy, honor, and privilege to have known and climbed with you during your short time on Earth.

March 13, 2010, Humboldt Peak.

How fragile, this thing we call life...

Hourglass Couloir, Little Bear Peak, Colorado.

Know that your memory lives on in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers...