Kevin Hayne Memorial - Little Bear 9/18

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
travis19877
14ers: 23  3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (5)

Kevin Hayne Memorial - Little Bear 9/18

Post by travis19877 »

Friends and family of Kevin Hayne will be gathering up at Lake Como on Saturday, September 17th. Plans to celebrate his life and remember the amazing friend, family member, and Brother in Christ that he was are in place. The following morning, myself along with several experienced climbers will be attempting Little Bear. We will decide the start time and everything in the next few days. Anyone wanting to spend time at the lake with friends and family of Kevin, or help in the process of setting up the memorial plaque, is welcome to come up on Saturday, again, times will be decided soon. Experienced climbers can attempt the Little Bear trip, which will be led by Steve Gladbach.

I should mention to anyone wanting to make the trip, the road leading up to the Lake is called Lake Como road. This road is very challenging and unless you have experience with this type of driving plan to do some extra work. This is by no means a deterrent to coming, just expect to have to park lower and do some extra hiking before the lake. If you have any questions feel free to contact me through 14ers, Facebook, or email.

Anyone wanting to see the plaque simply visit http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Re: Kevin Hayne Memorial - Little Bear 9/18

Post by globreal »

travis19877 wrote:Friends and family of Kevin Hayne will be gathering up at Lake Como on Saturday, September 17th. Plans to celebrate his life and remember the amazing friend, family member, and Brother in Christ that he was are in place. The following morning, myself along with several experienced climbers will be attempting Little Bear. We will decide the start time and everything in the next few days. Anyone wanting to spend time at the lake with friends and family of Kevin, or help in the process of setting up the memorial plaque, is welcome to come up on Saturday, again, times will be decided soon. Experienced climbers can attempt the Little Bear trip, which will be led by Steve Gladbach.

I should mention to anyone wanting to make the trip, the road leading up to the Lake is called Lake Como road. This road is very challenging and unless you have experience with this type of driving plan to do some extra work. This is by no means a deterrent to coming, just expect to have to park lower and do some extra hiking before the lake. If you have any questions feel free to contact me through 14ers, Facebook, or email.

Anyone wanting to see the plaque simply visit http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Travis, that plaque is really nice. It's a great tribute to your good friend Kevin. I pray that God will be be with you during your trip up to Lake Como and your climb. I know it will be extremely difficult reliving those memories.
OCpapa
Trip Reports (0)

Post by OCpapa »

Sean & Travis - the plaque is beautiful and the purpose of the trip is an absolute must! However, it seems the entire extension of my family will be on this excursion, so please be careful and safe. Kevin, I'm sure, would have been extremely proud of all involved in this endeavor. I don't know for sure which route you're taking, but keep focused on the mission, and don't let your thoughts wonder for even a split second until you're completely back down to ground zero. Enjoy the climb and say hello to God and all our friends and family while you're up there! I love you! PapaTom
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

Travis. Is there another site you can post the picture to? Sorry to ask this, but twice now while clicking on the link, nothing comes up.
Gonna try and be there.
mokilizard
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mokilizard »

Having just read about Kevin Hayne, I am deeply touched and would like to know if there is a place where we may send contributions in his memory.