"End of Time"-Jim DiNapoli

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

"End of Time"-Jim DiNapoli

Post by globreal »

Dear 14er Community,
I received the following email from a fellow climbing friend...Mike Ryan. He granted me permission to share his email and song here for those who knew Jim DiNapoli.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
To my friends,

Monday the 28th will mark 2 years that has somehow passed by since we lost our friend.
Many times, I still find myself in a very dark place.

Jim gave me an amazing gift when he mysteriously showed up, riding his bike through Red Rocks Park, on what just happened to be my 1st day ever of (rock) climbing.
He was so certain we had climbed together, and acted as if we had known each other before. I believe we did.

One of the many gifts was bringing all of you into my life, and I’m grateful for that everyday.

Jim and I played music together, unfortunately we never got the chance to play publicly. Time refused to wait, as it so often does.
I have attached above a song I wrote for Jim, with the lyrics below. I play it on his favorite guitar.
It’s my interpretation of his thoughts during those last days.
I wanted to share it with you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

YouTube link here:
[youtubevideo]/2x4OyoGv6BI[/youtubevideo]
hop2it
14ers: 16 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: "End of Time"-Jim DiNapoli

Post by hop2it »

Beautiful tribute, beautiful life...
CBReno
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CBReno »

This is very moving. Left me speechless when I first listened to it. How wonderful that he had friends who loved him so much!
ulvetano
14ers: 58  10  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

Very touching. Thanks for sharing.
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

II Corinthians 5:8.

Philippians 1:21, 23.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Phill the Thrill »

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

I sure do miss Jim....
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down