In Memoriam - TalusMonkey, you will be missed

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Bresch
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (2)

Tribute

Post by Bresch »

I would like to see after the tribute page is set up by Bill and USAKeller that each of us go up to any summit, (14er or not) and it shouldn't matter if it has already been done by someone else, with a sign or piece of paper that says "For David" take a picture and then post it on here in the Forum.
tshesky
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tshesky »

It's amazing how one life can touch so many. I am shocked and sad, and never even met David. And it's amazing how one passion (hiking/climbing) can bond so many.

I sat down at work today and heard our assignment editor at KKTV rattle of "TalusMonkey" and "USA Keller". She was browsing this forum, perhaps for the first time. It's times like that when it really hits home... How precious one life is.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
RenoBob
14ers: 6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (4)

Post by RenoBob »

USAKeller wrote:
timm19 wrote:Like so many others, I never met David. I saw where he and RenoBob were going to climb Nevada's highest peak-Boundary-this Saturday and I had PM'd both of them on Monnday morning to see if they were still going, hoping I could tag along as I now live in Vegas.

Tim
Actually, he and I were both headed to Nevada to meet RenoBob and his wife to climb that highpoint. I won't be going this weekend, but I know he and his wife will be going and carrying David in the highest spirit. I hope you have a safe climb!
Caroline:
Yes, Les, Tim and I are going up on Saturday. It will be our memorial climb, I know you'll be with us too. Les and I hope we can all finally meet in happier circumstances. Hope to see you at Culebra.
Everything has already been said many times over.
Bob
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
shotgung
14ers: 13  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by shotgung »

My brother makes stickers in Parker, CO. I was thinking about having some stickers made up. Any ideas? I was kicking around "Hiking for TM" or "RIP TM". PM for ideas or suggestions
A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it
RenoBob
Trip Reports (4)

Post by RenoBob »

shotgung wrote:My brother makes stickers in Parker, CO. I was thinking about having some stickers made up. Any ideas? I was kicking around "Hiking for TM" or "RIP TM". PM for ideas or suggestions
On a lighter note, how about "Honk if you know the TalusMonkey"?
Buckeye
14ers: 50 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Buckeye »

I'd buy one of those!
fleetmack
14ers: 39 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (22)

Post by fleetmack »

i have a new quote on my profile ... it was from a thread about 1 1/2 years ago that cracked me up. a child wanted to be talusmonkey for halloween and a discussion started about the pimp suit, he replied wiht my quote ...
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor
KendraJBranch
Trip Reports (0)

Post by KendraJBranch »

I'd buy a Honk if you Know the TalusMonkey sticker in a heartbeat. I think that would be great!
rlynn
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by rlynn »

I'd definitely get one too. Quite amazing the impact he had.
-Ryan
RenoBob
Trip Reports (4)

Post by RenoBob »

BillMiddlebrook:
Could you hook us up with your decal connection?
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Here's the best thing I've got to capture some of the quirks of the Monkey...

Secret hot springs in the Jemez? Rockin! That's the kinda stuff I like to see and know about!
I'd definitely be down for some backpacking in NM. One of my books lists a few, but most are day hikes.
Like you, I hope to get to do some fun backpacks with other members this year. Last year was fun and I met a lot of people. But now that I am finished with the "list," I just wanna do more small group trips with all the fun, bonding, and knavery! Plus, I revamped my gear again this winter and think that I've got the optimal lightweight setup now.

This is a big loss for us all. God Bless you, Mr. Worthington. You cracked me up and inspired me to be a better hiker. Thanks for it all.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
FlyGirl
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FlyGirl »

shotgung wrote:My brother makes stickers in Parker, CO. I was thinking about having some stickers made up. Any ideas? I was kicking around "Hiking for TM" or "RIP TM". PM for ideas or suggestions
I like what TalusMonkey had on one of his t-shirts

14er Jihad!
Move like a heron, not like a water buffalo