Wilson Peak Partner Needed - Anytime Aug 11-14

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cattoes
14ers: 53 14
13ers: 45 10

Wilson Peak Partner Needed - Anytime Aug 11-14

Post by cattoes »

Hi Friends,
This will be my third attempt for this beer loving mountain. This is one of five I have left!!
I want to do Rock of Ages TH to avoid the rock rubble fun I have traveled on too many times on the other side.
Cheers,
Deb
Impossible is just an opinion.
Ptglhs
14ers: 58 8
13ers: 76 3
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Wilson Peak Partner Needed - Anytime Aug 11-14

Post by Ptglhs »

I'd redo the class 2+ SW option from Kilpacker. I'd prefer to forego the class 4 northern side. If you're willing to talus hop and want a weekday partner let me know. If neither of these works for you, good luck and have fun.
bosnian2014
14ers: 47

Post by bosnian2014 »

cattoes wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 pm Hi Friends,
This will be my third attempt for this beer loving mountain. This is one of five I have left!!
I want to do Rock of Ages TH to avoid the rock rubble fun I have traveled on too many times on the other side.
Cheers,
Deb
PM sent.
yaymountain
14ers: 22 4

Post by yaymountain »

I'm planning on Wilson Peak for Wed or Thu (11th or 12th). Would love to team up! Here's my schedule if you want to do any others.

Wed, 8/11 - Sneffels
Thu, 8/12 - Wilson Peak
Fri, 8/13 - Uncompaghre & Wetterhorn combo
Sat, 8/14 - Redcloud & Sunshine combo + Handies for sunset
Sun, 8/15 - San Luis Peak
randalmartin
14ers: 57 1
13ers: 34 2
Trip Reports (13)

Post by randalmartin »

I was looking at Wilson Peak this coming Saturday but we are going into a heavy monsoon pattern with Tstorms lasting late into the night Friday night and starting earlier in the day Saturday. If it doesn't workout I may be interested in joining with someone at some point in August. Wilson Peak is my last ranked 14er to complete but don't want to drive 6 hours one way if the weather is iffy.
PaulVee
14ers: 28
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (4)

Post by PaulVee »

cattoes wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 pm Hi Friends,
Cheers,
Deb
My friend Tommy and I are planning on Wilson Peak on Saturday the 14th from ROA TH. We have some decent class 3 hikes under our belt including Kelso Ridge, Sneffels SW Ridge, Ellingwood Pt SW Ridge, Wetterhorn, Tour D'Abyss and Crestone Peak. We're fairly slow and careful and in our 50's. So, if that works for you, you are welcome to join us! If there's a possible T-storm that day, prolly start about 4AM. If it's a clear bluebird day, maybe push it back and hour or so with the start time. Cheers!!
brousseau
14ers: 42

Post by brousseau »

Cattoes and Yaymountain,

I would like to join you for Wilson Peak and some of what you have going on Yaymountain. I don't have time off work yet but can put my request in if we can agree on hiking together.

This is my summer of hiking with strangers as I am hiking mostly Class 3 peaks and promised my spouse I would not hike those alone. Met with 3 other strangers to hike Lindsey two weeks ago and had a good time. We were all about the same speed. From car to car, I think we were about 8 hours for the hike, with close to an hour of non-hiking time.

Hiked Redcloud and Sunshine (repeats) the week before that, to vet a hiking partner for future hikes. Took about 8 hours for that hike. I am not the fastest, also not the slowest hiker out there.

Reach out if you want to connect.

Thanks,
John
mountainute
14ers: 40 1 5
13ers: 16 1 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mountainute »

Hey all,

I'd do Wilson Peak, whenever. I could try ROA TH, or pack in from the Kipacker TH (or the on below Kilpacker, so one doesnt have to cross over the reascent to get back tot he car. either way, keep me posted please.

cheers, mountainute

Hey cattoes, I sent you a PM when you first posted this....