Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mtn_hound
14ers: List not added

Re: Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Post by mtn_hound »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 am
Wildernessjane wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 pm
Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 pm

No..too fast. I got a knee issue and a broken neck. Nice Stats if they are true. I walked with a 35 pound pack and took a 2 hour break in between Sunshine/Red Cloud and Handies. Still did it in 12 hours though. I got hammered by a storm on my way to Sunshine.
A 35 lbs pack for Sunshine/Red Cloud and Handies? Okay so I have to ask...what the heck did you have in your pack? I hauled a 38-40 lbs pack up and over on Rainier but that included technical gear and overnight equipment and such. I would definitely not consider myself to be in the “ultralight” camp but a 35 lbs pack for a day hike? I’m not sure I could hit that mark if I tried, even in winter. Good luck with your recruitment efforts. Nice debut on the forum.
I carry all the essential gear needed to bivouac overnight if needed, if hurt, or if someone else needs attention. I am a nurse after all is said and done. Yes. Most are in fact day hikes, but i am training for something bigger than 14ers. Has anyone even thought that i might be training for something bigger?
First post at 4:28 am. That's a little late, no? Methinks some of the early birds are now afraid they would be the ones chasing you out of bed at the butt crack of dawn. Now you must earn back their trust! You, too, are being evaluated my friend.
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 48 1 17
13ers: 50 1 13
Trip Reports (29)

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 am
docinco wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:16 pm good luck with the last two--you're better off alone, commensurating your victory (??). you have certainly made an impressive debut on this website.
That means i will party down lady. Yes commensurate. To party in the same degree as the mountain has done on to me.
I suspect docinco was confused because "commensurate" is an adjective, not a verb. It's not exactly an obscure word that hasn't seen much use outside academic research articles about the development of modern English, the way you're making it out to be...you just used it incorrectly.
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
wheresgibbs
14ers: 12
13ers: 5

Post by wheresgibbs »

No..too fast. I got a knee issue and a broken neck. Nice Stats if they are true. I walked with a 35 pound pack and took a 2 hour break in between Sunshine/Red Cloud and Handies. Still did it in 12 hours though. I got hammered by a storm on my way to Sunshine.

One of your partner requirements is "No Stopping" so wtf is up with that 2 hour nap?
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58 1
13ers: 64
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

I’m out! This is why I primarily solo climb.
Century Bound, eventually.
Salient

Post by Salient »

wheresgibbs wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:33 am

One of your partner requirements is "No Stopping" so wtf is up with that 2 hour nap?
Well he only stopped once he got back to the trailhead. So, I assume he just means they can't stop while on the trail.
Trotter
14ers: 57 5
13ers: 186 2 12
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Trotter »

jfm3 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 pm I'll give him this: he can talk himself up. Based on 10 pages of nonsense this guy is a combination of the CrossFit Games, Reinhold Messner and the Dos Equis Most Interesting Man in the World.
+1
This guy does it all, and yet he stays so humble. :lol:

This thread reminds me of a classic from the thread hall of fame.

https://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36571
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
wheresgibbs
14ers: 12
13ers: 5

Post by wheresgibbs »

Salient wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:01 am
wheresgibbs wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:33 am
Well he only stopped once he got back to the trailhead. So, I assume he just means they can't stop while on the trail.
I took no stopping to mean no stopping, so I'll respectfully withdraw my application due to a gross difference in methodology.
RobLowe
14ers: 58 6 33
13ers: 157 3

Post by RobLowe »

This thread is amazing in its tone-deafness and lack of situational awareness.

First, OP is looking for partners but is incredibly rigid in his mental flexibility, exhibiting a “my way or the highway” tone that is unlikely to produce the result he’s looking for — finding a partner.

Second, and perhaps most comically, he captioned this to include “desolate” summer 14ers. No 14ers are desolate in summer. That’s an oxymoron. If you want desolate, a summer 14er in CO is not the place (particularly if you’re abiding by the off the summit by noon mindset, which OP certainly is).

Going back to watching this topic thrive. :-SS
A man who has no imagination has no wings
myfeetrock
14ers: 37 1
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by myfeetrock »

Mo,Bel,Ox in a day so you have some wiggle room.
DaveLanders

Post by DaveLanders »

RobLowe wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am This thread is amazing in its tone-deafness and lack of situational awareness.

First, OP is looking for partners but is incredibly rigid in his mental flexibility, exhibiting a “my way or the highway” tone that is unlikely to produce the result he’s looking for — finding a partner.

Second, and perhaps most comically, he captioned this to include “desolate” summer 14ers. No 14ers are desolate in summer. That’s an oxymoron. If you want desolate, a summer 14er in CO is not the place (particularly if you’re abiding by the off the summit by noon mindset, which OP certainly is).

Considering that people have gotten cell reception on every 14er summit, I don't think any of them can be called desolate at any time.
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

DaveLanders wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:31 pm
RobLowe wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am This thread is amazing in its tone-deafness and lack of situational awareness.

Considering that people have gotten cell reception on every 14er summit, I don't think any of them can be called desolate at any time.
I agree, Dave, and wonder if any alpine peak in Colorado is all that "desolate." I was able to get a cell signal on top of Jagged, deep in the Weminuche, a couple of years back. Called my wife from the summit.

-Tom
blazintoes
Trip Reports (11)

Post by blazintoes »

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.