Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jbroscious
14ers: List not added

Re: Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Post by Jbroscious »

cedica wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:07 pm
Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:35 pm I wish you realized who you were talking to.
Well, obviously somebody smart enough not to say "do you know who I am". Because retort would be too easy.
existential.jpg
Lol..love it
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious »

docinco wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:16 pm
Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm Lol..no auditions guys and gals. I just do not mess around with mother nature.

There may be a group meet up from anyone that wants to join. It is merely a suggestion for interest in my routine. I normally get up at 5am at home. I got caught in 5 storms last year. Mt. Princeton hike the weather turned on me and got really foggy. I got lost going up and going down. If it weren't for my skills and navigation experience an average good hiker would have been screwed. My trip to Mt. Bross, Democrat, Lincoln, and Cameron was brutal. Up high on the ridge to Bross 80 mph winds came from out of nowhere. A guy that was hiking in front of me got blown over and almost off the ridge. I almost got blown off the ridge. Colorado weather is pretty predicable otherwise, but every now and then it wants to kill you. I don't want to die. Do you?

I Have a lot of Alpine experience in the back country of Yosemite and the High Sierra. I climbed in Yosemite Valley for 6 years. I was a wilderness First Responder and Rock Climbing Guide for 8 years on the East Coast. I have climbed at least 500 mountains between the East and West Coasts, Hawaii, Italy, Canada and South Korea.

It's my post and I will govern it how i want it to be. I also like to chill and have fun. After the hike i usually fire up a 20 oz. steak and drink a 6'er below the 14'er. This post is really trying to cut out the lazy ones who want to take all day. Sorry, but again my post. I want to get it done and puff one down and drink a shot of Bourbon to commensurate the victory. It is all about attacking the mountain hard on the way up and chill on the way down. I like to meet and talk with strangers as well. It's a mix with my athletic ability and ego driven mind with the technical engineering medical side governing me. I'm pretty wild as well. I usually attract kind people. I am also a a giving person and try hard to make friends and be liked.
good luck with the last two--you're better off alone, commensurating your victory (??). you have certainly made an impressive debut on this website.
That means i will party down lady. Yes commensurate. To party in the same degree as the mountain has done on to me.
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

This thread absolutely delivers.
yeahifreesoloedQuandary.jpg
yeahifreesoloedQuandary.jpg (32.76 KiB) Viewed 750 times
Last edited by Coyote on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
docinco

Post by docinco »

Coyote wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 am This thread absolutely delivers.

the 5:11 or the 5:13 route? by the bye, wikipedia has an excellent page on baron von munchausen.
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious »

docinco wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:03 am
Coyote wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 am This thread absolutely delivers.

the 5:11 or the 5:13 route? by the bye, wikipedia has an excellent page on baron von munchausen.
Robin Williams was good in that movie
Gandalf69
14ers: 31
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Gandalf69 »

How did this thing become over 100 posts? Lol btw if the author is serious on that list of peaks, he should add Capitol and some other hard one, for the end of his trip. Just my 2 cents here
"There's always the possibility that some a**hole will be offended." -Clint Eastwood, Escape from Alcatraz
"Life is cruel, why should the afterlife be any different".-Davey Jones
"The decision to triage us to death...I understand. I don't know that I would agree with it. Certainly not in retrospect because obviously I made it."-Beck Weathers, Dark side of Everest
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious »

Gandalf69 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:09 am How did this thing become over 100 posts? Lol btw if the author is serious on that list of peaks, he should add Capitol and some other hard one, for the end of his trip. Just my 2 cents here
doesn't compute into my itinerary. It makes more sense to lump those peaks into smaller groups for when i return in future years. Driving all over the state wastes time. I have other things i need to do. Other friends i already have plans with. I will be fishing, mining, fossil hunting, camping, biking etc...I have a route planned to finish the easy ones first, add or change a couple, and clump doubles and even triples in one location for the pack-ins.
docinco

Post by docinco »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 am
Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm Lol..no auditions guys and gals. I just do not mess around with mother nature.

There may be a group meet up from anyone that wants to join. It is merely a suggestion for interest in my routine. I normally get up at 5am at home. I got caught in 5 storms last year. Mt. Princeton hike the weather turned on me and got really foggy. I got lost going up and going down. If it weren't for my skills and navigation experience an average good hiker would have been screwed. My trip to Mt. Bross, Democrat, Lincoln, and Cameron was brutal. Up high on the ridge to Bross 80 mph winds came from out of nowhere. A guy that was hiking in front of me got blown over and almost off the ridge. I almost got blown off the ridge. Colorado weather is pretty predicable otherwise, but every now and then it wants to kill you. I don't want to die. Do you?

I Have a lot of Alpine experience in the back country of Yosemite and the High Sierra. I climbed in Yosemite Valley for 6 years. I was a wilderness First Responder and Rock Climbing Guide for 8 years on the East Coast. I have climbed at least 500 mountains between the East and West Coasts, Hawaii, Italy, Canada and South Korea.

It's my post and I will govern it how i want it to be. I also like to chill and have fun. After the hike i usually fire up a 20 oz. steak and drink a 6'er below the 14'er. This post is really trying to cut out the lazy ones who want to take all day. Sorry, but again my post. I want to get it done and puff one down and drink a shot of Bourbon to commensurate the victory. It is all about attacking the mountain hard on the way up and chill on the way down. I like to meet and talk with strangers as well. It's a mix with my athletic ability and ego driven mind with the technical engineering medical side governing me. I'm pretty wild as well. I usually attract kind people. I am also a a giving person and try hard to make friends and be liked.
good luck with the last two--you're better off alone, commensurating your victory (??). you have certainly made an impressive debut on this website.
That means i will party down lady. Yes commensurate. To party in the same degree as the mountain has done on to me.

i've been called a lot of things ("whiny little bitch" comes to mind again) but never a lady. lady lindsey also comes to mind, from my years of conquering the high peaks of south carolina, which took me one day, starting at 3:17 a.m. if you don't roll out by 3:30, you ain't no appalachian climber neither.
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious »

docinco wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:15 am

i've been called a lot of things ("whiny little bitch" comes to mind again) but never a lady. lady lindsey also comes to mind, from my years of conquering the high peaks of south carolina, which took me one day, starting at 3:17 a.m. if you don't roll out by 3:30, you ain't no appalachian climber neither.
I agree. I have done over 600 miles of it in 9 states. No plan on revisiting or doing it all.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:13 am I have other things i need to do. Other friends i already have plans with. I will be fishing, mining, fossil hunting, camping, biking etc..
Grendelbro, you're so...active! And crap, with 50 posts in ONE DAY, at that rate you'll overtake all us old timers in post count in a matter of weeks. Except for Scott P. It'll take you a 160.2 days to pass him, but only then if he stops posting for a while.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
ker0uac

Post by ker0uac »

highpilgrim wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:44 am
Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:13 am I have other things i need to do. Other friends i already have plans with. I will be fishing, mining, fossil hunting, camping, biking etc..
Grendelbro, you're so...active! And crap, with 50 posts in ONE DAY, at that rate you'll overtake all us old timers in post count in a matter of weeks. Except for Scott P. It'll take you a 160.2 days to pass him, but only then if he stops posting for a while.
Congrats dude, you just posted your 3000th post!!
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
SkaredShtles

Post by SkaredShtles »

pvnisher wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 pm -A technical baking challenge administered by Paul Hollywood himself
Presumably this would be some sort of technical *bread* challenge?

:mrgreen: