Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cougar
14ers: 50 2
13ers: 109 2
Trip Reports (10)

Re: Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Post by cougar »

4ze6hj.jpg
4ze6hj.jpg (71.21 KiB) Viewed 488 times
http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
Jbroscious
14ers: List not added

Post by Jbroscious »

highpilgrim wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:01 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:49 pm 7) f***ing back-country Prius driver (nice touch)
hahahaaahahaa...that's ok, I won't hold that against you. Everyone needs to get around somehow. Besides, the Dick that wrote that lives in Missouri, wtf!
Yep. I’m a misfit from mizzery. But just smart enough to know that NO ONE with a nickels worth of filling between the ears drives a Prius in the backcountry. But of course there are real heeroes like Grendlebro and I might need to stretch my narrow mind.

Like the video. The guy wasn't really that stuck. First off i have a winch for my Prius. Second, i just got it lifted another 2 inches so my clearance is higher than the normal sedan. Third, i have heavy tools to pound rocks and flatten/fill ground. Fourth, I carry two planks to ride above some of that. Fifth, i just stop before i feel i am going to be in trouble. Sixth, if i have AAA.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

And so it begins again.
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious »

pvnisher wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:10 am And so it begins again.
It's just so educational...