Page 1 of 1

Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Posted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:26 pm
by stomblin7
Hi there,

Looking for potential partner with 4wd capability to hopefully cut some miles off if possible or at least make the campsites just before the creek crossing (my coupe won't make the campsites). I'm expecting winter-like conditions (as of latest trip reports) and want a partner experienced and self sufficient as well. Open to climbing Castle's North Face Couloir if conditions hold that far out, but definitely want both peaks. I'm looking to drive in Friday evening and climb Saturday weather permitting.

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am
by Kimberlyann00
I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 pm
by zg_hiker
Kimberlyann00 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
Hi Kimberly! How far do you plan to drive up the trail? I'd consider going this weekend while glissading is still a possibility, but my 4Runner is 3-wheel-drive at the moment.

- Sara

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:39 pm
by stomblin7
I found a partner and we are planning on Saturday. I'll post conditions report sometime that evening for those of you going Sunday.

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:45 am
by Kimberlyann00
zg_hiker wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 pm
Kimberlyann00 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
Hi Kimberly! How far do you plan to drive up the trail? I'd consider going this weekend while glissading is still a possibility, but my 4Runner is 3-wheel-drive at the moment.

- Sara
Sara - I'm hoping to make it up to the creek crossing. I have a Subaru Forester that is generally pretty good at getting most places w/ careful driving. I'm thinking of leaving Denver around noon or 1 tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

-Kim

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:43 am
by zg_hiker
Kimberlyann00 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:45 am
zg_hiker wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 pm
Kimberlyann00 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
Hi Kimberly! How far do you plan to drive up the trail? I'd consider going this weekend while glissading is still a possibility, but my 4Runner is 3-wheel-drive at the moment.

- Sara
Sara - I'm hoping to make it up to the creek crossing. I have a Subaru Forester that is generally pretty good at getting most places w/ careful driving. I'm thinking of leaving Denver around noon or 1 tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

-Kim
Hi Kim, can you PM me? I'll send you my number.
Is that the first river crossing at 1.3 miles, or are you going further? Also, are you camping up there Saturday night? I'm local, and have another friend in Glenwood that wants to check these off, too.

-Sara