I finished all the 14ers on my list

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Hiker Mike
14ers: 30 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: I finished all the 14ers on my list

Post by Hiker Mike »

Nice job!! Tremendous accomplishment!! I have been at this for almost 25 years myself and I am only at the halfway point.
"Just because you love the mountains doesn't mean the mountains love you."
-Lou Whittaker
Reg0928
14ers: 58 
13ers: 253 2 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Reg0928 »

Excellent work! :bicep:
nyker
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Congratulations Tom. Way to persevere. The CMC and this site maintains records on finishers but am sure they understate the number since many don't report it.
E_A_Marcus_949
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (7)

Post by E_A_Marcus_949 »

Congrats!! Huge accomplishment and not an easy feat! =D>

Re: Logs for High Summit Finishers
lauradaughtry wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:45 pm I think someone mentioned it already, but the Colorado Mountain Club keeps an official register of high summit finishers (14ers, centennials, etc.). I actually just emailed them yesterday, because the MySummit logging has yet to be migrated over to their new website. (They completed a huge website overhaul over the last few weeks). Someone replied saying that those features would be migrated over in the future. They used to post the names of the finishers by year on the old site, so I hope to see something similar on the new one!

Definitely be sure to reach out to them on how to log your accomplishment as a 2022 finisher.
I emailed them this year because I remembered they kept a log and wanted to log it myself this year - they got back to me and said that it will eventually be available but right now there's no link because of a few reasons - The site migration and who is responsible for it. They also explained that the Colorado Mountain Club Foundation (different entity than CMC) has been responsible for the official list and the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) posted it as a courtesy (both online and in their Trail and Timberline publication). It sounds like the Foundation will take over the 14ers and other completers' lists, however, there is still no set way to do this yet or links.
So... for 2022 it sounds like there isn't much right now. I'll be following up and keeping an eye on it though.
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Congratulations on a great accomplishment.
I am currently on about the same timeline as you; started in 2001, still have about 15 to go but retirement (and therefore more time to climb, hopefully) is looming. I am currently 54 yo so knowing that someone has finished at age 60 gives me continued hope that I can finish. All the best to you.

The number of 14 finishers is probably somewhere between 5000 and 10000, but the exact number isn't as important as it is that you accomplished a long term goal that required a lot of effort spread out over multiple days.

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment.
Peak200
14ers: 47 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Peak200 »

Congrats Great accomplishment
lauradaughtry
14ers: 48 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lauradaughtry »

E_A_Marcus_949 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:23 am Congrats!! Huge accomplishment and not an easy feat! =D>

Re: Logs for High Summit Finishers
lauradaughtry wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:45 pm I think someone mentioned it already, but the Colorado Mountain Club keeps an official register of high summit finishers (14ers, centennials, etc.). I actually just emailed them yesterday, because the MySummit logging has yet to be migrated over to their new website. (They completed a huge website overhaul over the last few weeks). Someone replied saying that those features would be migrated over in the future. They used to post the names of the finishers by year on the old site, so I hope to see something similar on the new one!

Definitely be sure to reach out to them on how to log your accomplishment as a 2022 finisher.
I emailed them this year because I remembered they kept a log and wanted to log it myself this year - they got back to me and said that it will eventually be available but right now there's no link because of a few reasons - The site migration and who is responsible for it. They also explained that the Colorado Mountain Club Foundation (different entity than CMC) has been responsible for the official list and the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) posted it as a courtesy (both online and in their Trail and Timberline publication). It sounds like the Foundation will take over the 14ers and other completers' lists, however, there is still no set way to do this yet or links.
So... for 2022 it sounds like there isn't much right now. I'll be following up and keeping an eye on it though.
Hmmm, I didn't know about the Colorado Mountain Club Foundation specifically :-k But good to know—thank you so much for sharing this information!
“There are some who can live without wild things, and some who cannot.” —Aldo Leopold

Instagram: @laura.daughtry | lauradaughtry.com