First person to climb Colorado's highest 1800 peaks.

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
RichH
14ers: 43 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Re: First person to climb Colorado's highest 1800 peaks.

Post by RichH »

Dancesatmoonrise wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 am On 10-11-11, Ken Nolan became the first person to complete all of Colorado's highest 1800 peaks, finishing on Tater Heap.

When Micah and I were descending Tabeguache with him last year, Micah asked, "So Ken, are you retired now and just climb 14ers all the time?"

Ken replied, "Well, my boss is beginning to think so."
For some reason I just came across this post. I think I was his boss when this happened. The only thing Ken did better than climb mountains was his job...
Rich
Bombay2Boulder
14ers: 56  3 
13ers: 269 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Bombay2Boulder »

I can't even comprehend the level of dedication needed for this. Congrats!
I am really curious how the private property peak logistics were. I can only imagine there might be a lot of 11ers and 12ers in the state that are on private land.
Amazing feat. Congrats again. =D>
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Amazing! :shock:

According to the CMC, Ken was an early Adirondack '46er finisher before moving from NY to Colorado and then climbed Longs as his first 14er \:D/
smoove
14ers: 44  11 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by smoove »

RichH wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:41 pm
Dancesatmoonrise wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 am On 10-11-11, Ken Nolan became the first person to complete all of Colorado's highest 1800 peaks, finishing on Tater Heap.

When Micah and I were descending Tabeguache with him last year, Micah asked, "So Ken, are you retired now and just climb 14ers all the time?"

Ken replied, "Well, my boss is beginning to think so."
For some reason I just came across this post. I think I was his boss when this happened. The only thing Ken did better than climb mountains was his job...
Wow, it’s sad looking at this thread and realizing some of these great guys aren’t with us anymore.