Uncoolest Find While Hiking

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jaymz
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Uncoolest Find While Hiking

Post by jaymz »

Waiting for someone to chime in with a picture of a Dr.Jon business card..
"But in every walk with Nature, one receives far more than he seeks."
John Muir
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

OH I HAVE THAT, but I'm not going to post it, as a professional favor.
TravelingMatt
14ers: 56 
13ers: 435
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TravelingMatt »

Forgot one. On the way down Princeton, a woman squatting down to defecate maybe 20 feet off the trail into the scree at over 13000'. I wasn't the only one who saw her. You don't really have a lot of options when you're up that high.
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Underwear left behind at hot springs. Ew.
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Post by cougar »

WildWanderer wrote:
cougar wrote: I was told that if someone is watching you pee, you're not the one with the problem
I was hiking and came upon a popular trail junction where a man unzipped his trousers and started peeing as I was walking towards him (probably 20 feet away). There wasn't anywhere to hide, so I started making noise but it still took him a while to notice me. When he did he was embarrassed and turned to hide, and ended up peeing on his female companion who was standing very nearby. In this situation she was the one with the problem. In retrospect, I've come across dozens of men peeing right alongside the trail, but never a woman. Just saying.
When you're a man, the world is your bathroom.

Something similar happened to me in Times Square on new year's. A guy behind me peed on my leg.

I saw a woman going near the trail last fall, it was an open area with no cover anywhere nearby. On a rafting trip I just went off the back of the boat because that's what everyone does. We had a song about it after.
http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
DeTour
14ers: 43 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (30)

Post by DeTour »

Trying to move on before this thread turns into a total pissing match ... for me I'd say it was boneheads driving golf balls off the summit of Huron.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Once torched by truth, a little thing like faith is easy.
Swede Landing, 'Peace Like a River'
The land is forever.
- Steve Almburg, Illinois centennial farmer
Ericds84
14ers: 39 
13ers: 33
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ericds84 »

justiner wrote:I had to wonder if this is what this guy does for every peak he summits.

Maybe he'll put out a coffee table book, I hear those are popular.
Funny thing...I've got a friend who's putting together a coffee table book called "Shitting on the Summits."
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 719BR »

two half naked dudes having sex on a summit.

and before anyone flames me for being homophobic, i'm saying that as a statement of fact, not as a judgement. if it would have been a guy and a girl it would have been just as uncool.
Rollie Free
14ers: 45 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rollie Free »

brichardsson wrote:two half naked dudes having sex on a summit.

and before anyone flames me for being homophobic, i'm saying that as a statement of fact, not as a judgement. if it would have been a guy and a girl it would have been just as uncool.
That tops any uncool list. The fact you feel the need to apologize for being disturbed...I guess that's 2019ish. How about enjoying the accomplishment and scenery, have a snack and move on? Last year I was on a summit and one dog got aggressive with another followed by near fisticuffs of the two owners. That was surely a mountain top experience.

Somewhere in the New Mexico desert I found something sticking out of the ground. I brushed some dirt and sand aside and it looked like the corner of a chest. Curiously digging away that's exactly what it was. Dilapidated though it may be what possible treasure awaits?
Finally got it up and open. It was the mostly dried out but partially gooey remains of a dog along with a love letter addressing the dog. Not exactly what I had in mind. Burried it back so hopefully anyone coming along won't make the same mistake.
"Quicker than I can tell it, my hands failed to hold, my feet slipped, and down I went with almost an arrow’s rapidity. An eternity of thought, of life, of death, wife, and home concentrated on my mind in those two seconds. Fortunately for me, I threw my right arm around a projecting boulder which stood above the icy plain some two or three feet." Rev. Elijah Lamb
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jrs1965 »

Always find something on the North Face of Pikes. Here's a pick-up truck which belonged to a love lost suicidal teenager from Texas...
Attachments
Y-Col.JPG
Y-Col.JPG (505.42 KiB) Viewed 4767 times
Altitude High
14ers: 26 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Altitude High »

brichardsson wrote:two half naked dudes having sex on a summit. if it would have been a guy and a girl it would have been just as uncool.
I disagree totally. If it had been a straight couple, it would have been totally cool (if the girl was attractive :)).

And I would have tactfully waited a few feet below the top for them to finish up and get dressed.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

I'm good with having any type of anybody having sex on the top of the summit in the "cool" category, so long as there's no kids/families around.

Wait: are they also cool with me giving them high fives? Pass them beers? Take photos of all of us for posterity? Change the music? Yip and Wail? Laugh at the scene in front of all of us until I'm in a silly stupor? If it's a busy peak... that's a little rude, but if it's a desolate peak and it's just us, I mean, well: go with it.

Beats finding a bunch of stupid cardboard signs all over the place or old grandad's ashes in a plastic bag.