Android app stopped working. Anyone else?

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
oldschool
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (23)

Android app stopped working. Anyone else?

Post by oldschool »

My Android phone did an update to 14ers.com app and now it doesn't work. Anyone else have this happen? This happened yesterday afternoon/evening.

I un-installed the app and re-installed it from Google Playstore but same thing...no go.

When I open the app I get the "welcome" screen but then no way to go to forum, or anything else. I touch the screen all over and nothing happens.

Thx.....
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving" Led Zeppelin
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Android app stopped working. Anyone else?

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Not sure. Nathan Hale put out an Android update in September and I assume that's the one you've received in the latest update.

I'll send him a PM...

Thanks!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
hoff_hikes
14ers: 36 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hoff_hikes »

I have the latest version of the Android app as well. To get to the forum, I used to be able to select the http://www.14ers.com in blue that is below the 'Help/About' icon. Now I have to hit the 'Help/About' icon and then hit the url at the top of the page. This adds a few extra steps, but still leads me to the main web page.
Oman
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Oman »

Everything else works on my app except the forum. I figured this was Bill's first step to end it. DYBM.
14erAddict
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 181 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erAddict »

hoff_hikes wrote:I have the latest version of the Android app as well. To get to the forum, I used to be able to select the http://www.14ers.com in blue that is below the 'Help/About' icon. Now I have to hit the 'Help/About' icon and then hit the url at the top of the page. This adds a few extra steps, but still leads me to the main web page.
Yes! Please bring the clickable link back!
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Can't you click the 14ers.com logo on the main page to go to the actual .com? I thought Nathan had that as a link in the past.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
14erAddict
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 181 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erAddict »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Can't you click the 14ers.com logo on the main page to go to the actual .com? I thought Nathan had that as a link in the past.
Nope :(
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Ok, I'll start a list of requested changes. Thanks
illusion7il
14ers: 58  2  57 
13ers: 261 1 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by illusion7il »

The workaround I have been using is to click on the HELP / ABOUT then 14ers.com
This will get you to the normal Conditions/TR's/TH's/Forum Tabs
Attachments
InkedScreenshot_20181030-104816_14erscom_LI.jpg
InkedScreenshot_20181030-104816_14erscom_LI.jpg (311.65 KiB) Viewed 8920 times