Off line usage in Android app

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Off line usage in Android app

Post by nyker »

Hi Bill,

Forgive me if this was somewhere I missed. I recall there used to be an option where you could save a route description down with photos and view offline on your phone. How can you do you that again? I have an Android/Samsung if that matters.
ksroqclimber
14ers: 39 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Off line usage in Android app

Post by ksroqclimber »

Navigate to your route. Scroll to the bottom below the pics. The option is there.

Route desc are always avail offline. But if you want pics you gotta download those.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190701-074833_14erscom.jpg
Screenshot_20190701-074833_14erscom.jpg (115.71 KiB) Viewed 6334 times
nyker
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Ah yes, thank you. I was actually on the website via a shortcut not via the app. Is there a way to cleanly save routes for 13ers from the website?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

nyker wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:29 pm Is there a way to cleanly save routes for 13ers from the website?
Not clean, but here are a couple of methods:

Keep the "print" version of a route open in a browser tab on your phone:
1) Open the route description and rotate the phone to landscape to see the Print icon on the upper right. The icon doesn't show up when you're holding your phone in portrait orientation.
2) Click it to open a "print" version of the route, with photos all shown at the bottom of the page.
3) Keep that tab open in your mobile browser.

Saving a PDF
1) On a pc/laptop, go to the route description.
2) Click the Print icon on the upper right of the route. This will open a "print" version of the route, with small photos all shown at the bottom of the page.
3) In Windows, print the page to a .PDF document.
4) Somehow send the pdf to your phone. :)

That's all I have for now. Someday, I'd like to get the 13er routes in the mobile app...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
nyker
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Thanks Bill, that should work! Appreciate your help as always.