Who's With Me?

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Who's With Me?

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

If you see this thread, you're on the new 14ers.com server. I've turned the forum back on for posting and will continue to test stuff through Sunday.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
WishIWasInTheMts
14ers: 36 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Who's With Me?

Post by WishIWasInTheMts »

Woohoo! Thanks for all the hard work!!
Hiker Mike
14ers: 30 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Hiker Mike »

Dang, I wanted to be the first. Thanks Bill!
"Just because you love the mountains doesn't mean the mountains love you."
-Lou Whittaker
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

I'm with you Bill. Site seems snappier.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

HikerGuy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:54 pm Site seems snappier.
It better be!
Bigger machine with the latest CPUs, more memory, solid-state drives... I just have to monitor it over the next few days to make sure all is well.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Dignus
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Dignus »

In case you're not already aware the photos from the route description of Ellingwood Ridge are gone. Clicking around on other random routes I don't see any that are missing photos. All else seems to be working great!
Verso l'alto
-Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati
MUni Rider
14ers: 51 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (20)

Post by MUni Rider »

ICU. Thanks for all the hard work.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)
pmreyn2010
14ers: 50  3 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (2)

Post by pmreyn2010 »

Echoing what everyone else has said - thanks for all of your hard work!
disentangled
Trip Reports (0)

Post by disentangled »

thank you for this site.... and also thank you for keeping it free of charge. these resources are invaluable.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Dignus wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:30 pm In case you're not already aware the photos from the route description of Ellingwood Ridge are gone. Clicking around on other random routes I don't see any that are missing photos. All else seems to be working great!
Ok, I see what you mean. It's because I hadn't yet uploaded some user-contributed route photos. I'm working on those now.
Thanks!
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

New server - woo hoo! Good excuse to update the old avatar. Even if it is an old picture :-)
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

At least this one of the ne’er do wells is here and ready for duty.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase