Condition Updates - Photo captions

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Condition Updates - Photo captions

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Hey, I added the ability to add photo captions to peak condition updates. I'll try to add it to trailhead status updates as well.
:)
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Condition Updates - Photo captions

Post by HikerGuy »

Excellent and very useful update, thanks!
geojed
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138 13
Trip Reports (29)

Post by geojed »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:50 pm Hey, I added the ability to add photo captions to peak condition updates. I'll try to add it to trailhead status updates as well.
:)
Hey Bill, it would be nice if when uploading pictures to conditions updates if the uploader either "auto-rotates" the pictures to be upright of if after uploading I could rotate the pictures. Just noticed this when I uploaded pictures for Pyramid Peak and a couple of my pictures are sideways.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Hi Jed, good to hear from you.

The JavaScript upload process should be auto-rotating uploads if they include EXIF Orientation info. Of course, not all cameras store that data when the image is taken.

I will look into the code to actually make sure the auto-rotate feature is working.
Thanks
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Oh, and I just added image caption capability to Trailhead Status Reports as well
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Cool, thanks Bill, that's helpful