Bring back PM notification popup?

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Bring back PM notification popup?

Post by Dave B »

Bill - Is it possible to bring back the popup notification when you get a PM? I liked that, and have missed a couple PMs in the past couple of months since I wasn't paying attention to the icons in the upper right and the email notifications always seem to end up in the junk folder.

I didn't see an option for this in the control panel, so apologies if I'm missing it.
Make wilderness less accessible.
PJ88
14ers: 34 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Bring back PM notification popup?

Post by PJ88 »

I have sent a couple PMs in the past month or so and they have taken forever to get sent. They sit in my outbox for days. It looks like the one in November actually moved to my sent mail box but there is one from December 2 that is still pending in the outbox. Are these actually being sent or am I just a noob with the website?
Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Post by Mtnman200 »

PJ88 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:28 pm I have sent a couple PMs in the past month or so and they have taken forever to get sent. They sit in my outbox for days. It looks like the one in November actually moved to my sent mail box but there is one from December 2 that is still pending in the outbox. Are these actually being sent or am I just a noob with the website?
A PM will sit in your outbox for as long as it takes for the recipient to read it, and that's when it gets moved to your sent items. I have a couple of PMs I sent two years ago that the recipients never opened, so both PMs are still in my outbox.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
PJ88
14ers: 34 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PJ88 »

Mtnman200 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:35 pm
PJ88 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:28 pm I have sent a couple PMs in the past month or so and they have taken forever to get sent. They sit in my outbox for days. It looks like the one in November actually moved to my sent mail box but there is one from December 2 that is still pending in the outbox. Are these actually being sent or am I just a noob with the website?
A PM will sit in your outbox for as long as it takes for the recipient to read it, and that's when it gets moved to your sent items. I have a couple of PMs I sent two years ago that the recipients never opened, so both PMs are still in my outbox.
That makes sense, thanks.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Mtnman200 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:35 pm I have a couple of PMs I sent two years ago that the recipients never opened, so both PMs are still in my outbox.
Sending pm's to trolls?

Did anyone get the delayed email from the site this morning to remind us about CO Gives Day? hahaha
Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Post by Mtnman200 »

d_baker wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 pm
Mtnman200 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:35 pm I have a couple of PMs I sent two years ago that the recipients never opened, so both PMs are still in my outbox.
Sending pm's to trolls?
No, trying to contact a couple of folks I thought might be interested in climbing the southern 13ers as part of the July 2019 Cielo Vista trip.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner