SITE OUTAGE this morning

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

SITE OUTAGE this morning

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Hi folks,

I need to take the forum offline for about an hour or so this morning to perform some upgrades. I will be locking it 7am.

Sorry!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Re: SITE OUTAGE this morning

I'm still working out a few issues with login related stuff so it will be a while longer.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

And we're back.

The 3rd-party forum vendor phpBB threw me a curve ball in their latest upgrade. It impacted how I've integrated peak checklists and logins into the forum so I just had to fix it to get the forum back online.

Happy Monday!
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Outage? More like outRAGE, amirite?

Make wilderness less accessible.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Perform the upgrade 1) over the weekend when everyone was outside or 2) this morning because I was outside all weekend?
:-D
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Jeez, Bill. Without Alec around to give you directions and keep you in line, you've gotten selfish... :lol:
Make wilderness less accessible.
jasayrevt
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 159 4
Trip Reports (26)

Post by jasayrevt »

Thank you regarding keeping us updated on this, Bill. No worries. I know we all appreciate what you do for Colorado's mountaineering community.
"A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never revert to old dimensions."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live life as you have imagined."

"Motivate others towards attaining highest aspirations."
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Dave B wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:13 am Jeez, Bill. Without Alec around to give you directions and keep you in line, you've gotten selfish... :lol:
Lol. I 'did my job,' just now well.

And it doesn't help that I have a 6Mb/s internet connection in Pine. ](*,)
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Carl_Healy »

It appears in the forums the "directory links" (not sure if that's the right term) at the top no longer work after all this?

When viewing on the mobile site anyway.

I see "Board Index > BLANK > BLANK"
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I see that. Thanks a bunch!