Steve Gladbach

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
oldschool
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (23)

Steve Gladbach

Post by oldschool »

Steve,

Wanted to let you know i think and speak of you often. I got a picture of you when i went down to Pueblo for your memorial. I carry that picture to this day in my wallet.

I miss your wisdom and friendship Steve. I know others do also.

Just wanted to say hi Steve......
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving" Led Zeppelin
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Steve Gladbach

Post by Tory Wells »

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach

Never met him but wish I had.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

oldschool wrote:Steve,

Wanted to let you know i think and speak of you often. I got a picture of you when i went down to Pueblo for your memorial. I carry that picture to this day in my wallet.

I miss your wisdom and friendship Steve. I know others do also.

Just wanted to say hi Steve......
Mike,
Thanks for your post here. I posted yesterday on Facebook. I should have posted on here. June 23 (yesterday) was the 4th anniversary of Steve's passing in the Elks. I too miss him....think of him often...and pretty much remember something we did together on pretty much every climb I do today. Here is the picture I handed out at his memorial. It's him in the "white gully" on Thunder Pyramid on the day he died. Of course he is wearing his orange Elmer Fudd hat. He was such a help to so many people.
Miss you much buddy.
Britt
Attachments
Orange-Hat_Thunder_DSC00126.jpg
Orange-Hat_Thunder_DSC00126.jpg (679.7 KiB) Viewed 5096 times
jasayrevt
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 159 4
Trip Reports (26)

Post by jasayrevt »

Rest In Peace Steve. You stand as one of the most accomplished, inspiring Colorado Mountaineers. You’ll never be forgotten either. Thanks for all your expertise, knowledge, selflessness, technique, and wisdom passed onto our climbing community. We’re forever grateful
"A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never revert to old dimensions."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live life as you have imagined."

"Motivate others towards attaining highest aspirations."