No pics - "Internet connectivity may not be available."

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
DaveW
14ers: 27 1
13ers: 10

No pics - "Internet connectivity may not be available."

Post by DaveW »

I'm not able to view or download any pictures in the app for off-line or online use. Anytime I click on a picture I receive the message "Image not currently available. Internet connectivity may not be available.

I have an old LG Volt running Android 4.4.2. ("KitKat" I believe). When I receive the error I'm connected both to wifi and with my data connection on. I've also tried each internet connection individually with the other disabled. I downloaded the app from google play store and it said it was version 1.05, however in my Help/About screen in the app, it says I'm on 1.03.

I noticed that user comments in the Play Store were complaining of this error also, so hopefully if there's a fix it may help others as well. I checked the forums here to make sure there wasn't and obvious answer for this already, so sorry if I missed it!

Any help for this?
TravelFar
14ers: List not added

Re: No pics - "Internet connectivity may not be available."

Post by TravelFar »

Mine works fine on my iPhone 5. The 14'ers.com app installed is Version 1.8 for iOS, released February 2018.

Long live 14'ers.com!!!
Travel Far
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I'm not sure. I'll email Nathan Hale, who maintains the Android app. Thanks!
“No one is exempt from the odds of even” - Marilyn Manson
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Thanks Bill! Appreciate you looking into it!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (7)

Until I get in touch with Nathan, did you try completely uninstalling/deleting the app and installing it fresh? It might be worth a try.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Sadly, I did try a fresh install with no luck. I may try again just in case.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (7)

DaveW wrote:Sadly, I did try a fresh install with no luck. I may try again just in case.
After receiving word back from Nathan, it sounds like it's a problem with the older version of the app and newer Android OS versions. Nathan is working on a fix but it might take a few weeks.
Sorry. Until then, you'll have to use the site directly. For off-line use, you can could use the route Print function on your computer to send it to a PDF and then email that to your phone or something like that.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Thanks for checking on this Bill! I'll just hang tight and try the PDF technique you described. That is a great idea that I hadn't thought of!
Trotter
14ers: 58 5
13ers: 201 2 12
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Trotter »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
DaveW wrote:Sadly, I did try a fresh install with no luck. I may try again just in case.
After receiving word back from Nathan, it sounds like it's a problem with the older version of the app and newer Android OS versions. Nathan is working on a fix but it might take a few weeks.
Sorry. Until then, you'll have to use the site directly. For off-line use, you can could use the route Print function on your computer to send it to a PDF and then email that to your phone or something like that.
Or use the site, then swipe your screen to take a screenshot. Thats how I get 13er routes
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche