Finding a hiking partner for some hikes between Oct 7-13?

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
andi75
Trip Reports (0)

Finding a hiking partner for some hikes between Oct 7-13?

Post by andi75 »

Hi,

I'm a 43 year old math teacher from Switzerland, and after spending two weeks of a (school-)trip to D.C. I'm flying to Denver on October 6. If the weather permits it, I want to do a few hikes in Colorado, including my first 14er (the highest mountain I ever ascended (on skis, across the glacier) was about 12k, no problems with altitude sickness there).

While I'm well experienced, solo hiking always carries a bit of danger, especially in unfamiliar territory and this late in the season. So, I'm wondering if other people plan to hike in Colorado in October. Where would I look for them?

I'll be driving a cheap rental car, so rough roads are out of the question. Is there some good source on which roads are paved and which are not? I checked the FAQ page, but a lot of the links don't seem to work anymore.

- Andreas
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Finding a hiking partner for some hikes between Oct 7-13?

Post by Scott P »

October 7 is the Fall Gathering near Lake City if you can make that:

https://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55101
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.