14ers.com Username Inspiration/Reason/Whatever

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Re: 14ers.com Username Inspiration/Reason/Whatever

Post by Matt »

FCSquid wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 am FCSquid: FC because I live in Fort Collins. Squid because I spent six years as a Navy nuke (squid being the Navy derogatory equivalent of 'jarhead').
I think "blueberry" is the new "squid"
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

I Man after the song "I Man" by The Disco Biscuits
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

I just used my name. Boring, I know.
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

LURE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:59 am My username actually has to do with my name. It’s not some troll name. I’m not luring anyone into any traps. But I’m still a fan anonymity.

TallGrass once told me I had one of the trolliest names on here - that was when I actually met the guy. I can see it, I don’t disagree, but its just a coincidence.
I miss TG. The antics he and others got into provided plenty of entertainment. Plus I grew up going to the Tall Grass Music Festival.
DeTour
14ers: 43 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (30)

Post by DeTour »

FCSquid wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 am FCSquid: FC because I live in Fort Collins. Squid because I spent six years as a Navy nuke (squid being the Navy derogatory equivalent of 'jarhead').
This one I had wondered about, didn't know the lingo. But some of us know you as "Your humble correspondent."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Once torched by truth, a little thing like faith is easy.
Swede Landing, 'Peace Like a River'
The land is forever.
- Steve Almburg, Illinois centennial farmer
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

Last time I explained my username, some douche canoe made a youtube video out of it. For real.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
crowdsurf
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 11 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by crowdsurf »

WVMountaineer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:52 pm You wouldn't believe how many people don't know that West Virginia is it's own state
Wait? West Virginia is a state? I thought it was the landfill of the east coast.
"Thin air is addictive. The more I climb at altitude the more I realize I'm not in it totally for the view, or the exercise, or the company. Often, it's for the air. And I find myself judging a climb based on how strong my air felt." -from 14ers.com user tedeliason
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

crowdsurf wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:26 pm
WVMountaineer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:52 pm You wouldn't believe how many people don't know that West Virginia is it's own state
Wait? West Virginia is a state? I thought it was the landfill of the east coast.
I think that’s New Jersey.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

crowdsurf wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:26 pm
Where I'm from, we just refer to it and everything west to the Mississippi as Botetourt County.
myfeetrock
14ers: 37  1 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by myfeetrock »

I use to run around barefoot from as far back as I can remember. I ran track barefoot until the rule came about that you had to wear shoes. In the 3rd grade, my brother and I ran against 5th graders during the summer track season. The only time I put shoes was if we went somewhere. My feet were so tough that when I cut my big toe open in the crease where the toe meets the foot, the doctor bent the needle trying to get it through the skin. I never found what cut the skin. I remember him shaking his head then pulling the needle out bent. About 15 years ago I stepped on a wire or something sticking out of the ground, and ended up with blood poisoning. I keep my shoes on now. Anyway. One day out running around on the rocks barefoot, someone told me " your feet rock". My feet rock? That's cool. The name stuck.
Stratosfearsome
14ers: 58  2  33 
13ers: 244 9 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Stratosfearsome »

On a normal day I've got my head in the clouds, but the closer I am to the edge, the sharper my focus.
Nobody climbs 14ers anymore, they’re too crowded.
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

CorduroyCalves wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:22 am Last time I explained my username, some douche canoe made a youtube video out of it. For real.
Douche canoe would be a funny username. :lol:

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6