A-Basin opens today...

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

A-Basin opens today...

Post by SkaredShtles »

bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Re: A-Basin opens today...

Post by bergsteigen »

Happy happy day!!!!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
SnowAlien
14ers: 58  57  58 
13ers: 652 118 15
Trip Reports (111)

Post by SnowAlien »

Lolz. Can't be beaten by Keystone :lol:
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Hilarious. They are open from 3.30 to 5.30 today. They posted it at 1.38pm :lol:

Keystone opens tomorrow by the way... Snow Alien nailed it. They found out Keystone was opening and had to scramble.

Enjoy the I70 traffic tomorrow everyone :P
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

It’s a race. The only rule is who opens first. Abasin won. Vail Resorts $$$ didn’t cut it this season!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 182 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by kwhit24 »

bergsteigen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:47 pm It’s a race. The only rule is who opens first. Abasin won. Vail Resorts $$$ didn’t cut it this season!
I think it's awesome that Abasin opened today especially after leaving Epic. That Vail $$$ spent to open Keystone early and keep Breck open late almost did the trip. I was super jelly all the way from Louisiana.
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
Wish I lived in CO
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Wish I lived in CO »

kwhit24 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 pmI was super jelly all the way from Louisiana.
"Super jelly" is a new one on me. But I'm in the early stages of geezerdom so I'm not too in touch with these things.

Question: Sometimes old clothing styles come around again and get recycled. Likewise when again can we start saying things like: Far out, groovy, dude, etc.?
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2
teamdonkey
14ers: 28  1 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by teamdonkey »

My dude - dude never went out of style. It's here to stay
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 182 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by kwhit24 »

Wish I lived in CO wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:51 am
kwhit24 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:29 pmI was super jelly all the way from Louisiana.
"Super jelly" is a new one on me. But I'm in the early stages of geezerdom so I'm not too in touch with these things.

Question: Sometimes old clothing styles come around again and get recycled. Likewise when again can we start saying things like: Far out, groovy, dude, etc.?
Right on my man. Do me a solid and don't be a chump. Bring the lingo back. Can you dig it? Cool Beans.
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

canyou.jpeg
canyou.jpeg (16.73 KiB) Viewed 4295 times