Info on backcountry skiing near Steamboat?

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TheRealRooster
14ers: 6  2 
13ers: 3 1
Trip Reports (0)

Info on backcountry skiing near Steamboat?

Post by TheRealRooster »

Hey all, looking for good information resources (websites, guidebooks, your gnarly friend who lives in a van in Clark) for backcountry skiing around the Steamboat area. I'm aware of the major areas (Buffalo Pass, Rabbit Ears, Fish Creek Canyon), but I haven't been able to find a good amount of detailed information for these areas. I'm sure some recon and CalTopo work would get me in the neighborhood, but I'm all about as much info as I can get since I spend limited time up that way. Anyone know of good resources? Thanks!
gb
14ers: 56  54  6 
13ers: 67 54
Trip Reports (26)

Re: Info on backcountry skiing near Steamboat?

Post by gb »

Our book is statewide, but we do have a few routes in the Steamboat area, the Flat Tops, and Cameron. https://14erskiers.com/blog/backcountry ... -colorado/
TheRealRooster
14ers: 6  2 
13ers: 3 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TheRealRooster »

gb wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm Our book is statewide, but we do have a few routes in the Steamboat area, the Flat Tops, and Cameron. https://14erskiers.com/blog/backcountry ... -colorado/
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Is it available retail? I'm in Golden, thinking Bentgate or someone may have it. If not, guess I just won't have it for this particular weekend.

Side note, big fan of the site, and I'm sort of surprised I didn't think of this book since I knew it existed. Not sure who exactly I'm talking to here, but I'm glad to hear that Brittany's recovery is coming along!
gb
14ers: 56  54  6 
13ers: 67 54
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Haha, thanks, this is Frank. Bent Gate or someone should have it, yes. Let us know if they don't-
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

I thought your name was Gary.