Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by rijaca »

CheapCigarMan wrote:
rijaca wrote:For CheapCigarMan....
CheapAssCigars.JPG
Thanks for sharing @rijaca
It has to be the best cheap cigar I've had. Really enjoying them.
You’re welcome. Always willing to help my favorite moron.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
jerseybrian
14ers: 39  1 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jerseybrian »

gb wrote:Just got back from Europe, what a rude awakening to once again be subjected to the unbalanced overly hopped swill that passes as beer in the States. I wish good Dunkels were easier to find here.
What about Prost? I really like their German styles. I haven't been to Germany yet so I can only compare to the imports but Prost seems pretty spot on for a local brewery.
When I get out I feel more alive - Doug Coombs
Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58 
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

jerseybrian wrote:
gb wrote:Just got back from Europe, what a rude awakening to once again be subjected to the unbalanced overly hopped swill that passes as beer in the States. I wish good Dunkels were easier to find here.
What about Prost? I really like their German styles. I haven't been to Germany yet so I can only compare to the imports but Prost seems pretty spot on for a local brewery.
Prost is about as close as you're going to get short of visiting Munich.
gb
14ers: 56  54  6 
13ers: 67 54
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Jon Frohlich wrote:
jerseybrian wrote:
Prost is about as close as you're going to get short of visiting Munich.
Haven't seen Prost much locally, but I have on the front range. And yeah, I was just at the famous beer halls of Munich a few days ago, so...
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Just got an alert that Pliny the Elder is on tap at Parry's Pizzeria & Bar in Highlands Ranch. I love Pliny, but am not going to drive from Ft Collins down there to get it.

If Pliny is a more regular thing down there, do you know where I could reliably pick some up? Thanks.
blakereaser
Trip Reports (0)

Post by blakereaser »

1. boulevard bourbon barrel quad
2. new Holland dragons milk
3. left hand nitro raspberry
4. zipline mocha stout
5. corona
6. zipline daaaaang ipa
easyridertme
14ers: 14  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by easyridertme »

12ersRule wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:16 pm Just got an alert that Pliny the Elder is on tap at Parry's Pizzeria & Bar in Highlands Ranch. I love Pliny, but am not going to drive from Ft Collins down there to get it.

If Pliny is a more regular thing down there, do you know where I could reliably pick some up? Thanks.
Pliny does seem to be a fairly regular thing down in Denver. I'm not tracking it closely, but I'd guess that quite a few shops get a couple cases every two-three weeks. Argonaut, Mr. B's, and Colorado Liquor Mart all come to mind, but I'd bet some of the larger liquor stores in the north metro area get it as well.
Ulla
14ers: 37  17 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ulla »

Coconut Milk Stout - Soulcraft Brewing - Salida, CO

https://soulcraftbeer.com/beer_type/currently-on-tap/
zinj
13ers: 48
Trip Reports (13)

Post by zinj »

12ersRule wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm Dunkel is the pumpernickel of beers. Gross.
lol. I'm going to steal "the pumpernickel of _________" as my new all-purpose insult.
thanks for the laugh.
"Gentlemen, you are piling up a heritage of conflict and litigation over water rights, for there is not sufficient water to supply the land." - John Wesley Powell, 1883
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

12ersRule wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:16 pm Just got an alert that Pliny the Elder is on tap at Parry's Pizzeria & Bar in Highlands Ranch. I love Pliny, but am not going to drive from Ft Collins down there to get it.

Tap and Handle had Pliny when I was in there last weekend.
Make wilderness less accessible.
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Well, as long as no one suggests Corona as an offering, this thread seems as good as any to necromancer.

So, here is a new Stone product I'm itching to try. Got it early this am, made possible because liquor is an essential commodity here in Mizzery as should be obvious to anyone that's ever been here. I'm surprised I didn't get arrested because I was wearing a Maze Runner mask I got as a free gift for buying the Maze Runner Trilogy for $2.99 from the Best Buy Bargain Bin. I look like a criminal, but so does everyone else at this point. My mask raised not even an eyebrow. Maybe if I wore my 9mm in a shoulder rig next time out...

Anyway:

stone.jpg
stone.jpg (216.44 KiB) Viewed 3918 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Johnson
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

highpilgrim wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:20 am Well, as long as no one suggests Corona as an offering, this thread seems as good as any to necromancer.

So, here is a new Stone product I'm itching to try. Got it early this am, made possible because liquor is an essential commodity here in Mizzery as should be obvious to anyone that's ever been here. I'm surprised I didn't get arrested because I was wearing a Maze Runner mask I got as a free gift for buying the Maze Runner Trilogy for $2.99 from the Best Buy Bargain Bin. I look like a criminal, but so does everyone else at this point. My mask raised not even an eyebrow. Maybe if I wore my 9mm in a shoulder rig next time out...

Anyway:

.stone.jpg
How was it?
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene