Font size on TR's

If you have a problem with a non-forum page of the site, please post here so I can take a look. I appreciate being notified so I can make it right. -Bill M.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Font size on TR's

Post by Jay521 »

Bill - I can't seem to make the font size work on my latest TR (Spread Eagle). When I am in edit mode, it displays correctly but in preview - and when I made it live - it all goes back to 11 pt. Specifically, the main heading and the stats stuff (all that is in bold) should have a larger font size. I know this has worked on my previous reports but it's been a while since I did one so maybe I'm screwing up somehow?

Thx - Jay
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Font size on TR's

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Hi Jay,

I'm guessing you copied some original text in from another report view because it had some styling information that was not part of the editor. I edited the report and removed the two problems using the "View Code" option.

should be all set
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Jay521
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

That's exactly what I did - I copied that stuff from my last report and pasted it into the new one. And I had done that with other reports with no problems. I did try setting the font sizes different but that didn't seem to make any difference. In the future, I will just key the text if it doesn't show up the way I think it should.

Thanks, Bill! You da man!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

My pleasure!

Do you remember if you copied the raw text from the old report via the edit page OR straight from viewing the report. If it was the latter, the browser probably copied in extra styling.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Jay521
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

I honestly don't recall if I copied it from the edit page or the view page. Sorry... Next report, I'll try it both ways and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Jay