UN 13,811 from Williams Creek

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CoHi591
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 76
Trip Reports (0)

UN 13,811 from Williams Creek

Post by CoHi591 »

Hey everyone. Wondering if anyone has a GPX track/route of climbing UN 13,811 (and UN 13,832) from the Williams Creek trailhead. I have scoured the internet and have been unable to find one, and I get a bit anxious doing solo winter trips without a track to check in on every once in a while. Please message me if you're willing to share! Any other beta on how to grab these two in the snowy season is welcome, and thanks in advanced.
The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days.
blazintoes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 327 3 73
Trip Reports (16)

Re: UN 13,811 from Williams Creek

Post by blazintoes »

MadDadMike is the only person on this site to have a TR of the PT's here: https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepo ... trip=17677
Although you won't find a gpx on the report, sometimes Hiking Project is helpful and there is a file here: https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/700 ... reek-trail
Otherwise use CalTopo and create your own track.
whileyh
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 667 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by whileyh »

Here’s my track that you can download from either LoJ or peakbagger. I did it in winter conditions but depending on snow conditions you might want to stick more to the ridge for the descent.
https://www.peakbagger.com/climber/asce ... id=1547794

https://listsofjohn.com/mobile/peak/122
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

How's the route from here? From Redcloud/Sunshine, it's a long day.
Squirrellysquirrel
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Squirrellysquirrel »

Regarding snow conditions: I hit super stoopid snow conditions a week ago up Williams Creek trail, got about 4 miles up before I turned around due to lots of unconsolidated snow ranging from knee to thigh deep. Same happened at Nellie Creek last week, too. The snow is kinda unmanageable at higher elevations right now, especially within treeline and trails that travel through ravine areas, and then there’s the avy concerns with so much snowloading. :roll:

After the snow storm that came through Mon-Tues, we got about a foot of powder in LC, can only imagine the depth of snow up there... Maybe let the snow set and settle?
"The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus." ~ Bruce Lee
CoHi591
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 76
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CoHi591 »

Thanks whileyh for the track, I appreciate it!

And thank you for the update on snow conditions in the area. I definitely wasn't planning on going in the next few days here, was thinking about doing it sometime in the next ~2 months just based on when it seems like a smart time to go. I just plan way in advanced.

I'll keep an eye on snow in the area. Appreciate everyone's help!
The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days.
San Juan Ron
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by San Juan Ron »

I have done the route several times, but I unfortunately don’t have any GPX points (Williams Creek to Grassy to 13811/13632/13832 and drop down to Bent Creek; and also Williams Creek to 13811/13632/13832 and over to Silver Creek which was a super long day). Dropping down to Bent Creek can put you in bushwacking hell but gets you fairly quickly to CR30. I have only done these routes in summer conditions, but let me know if you have any questions. The departure from the Williams Creek Trail to 13811/13632/13832 is fairly obvious (faint trail in the summer but that won’t help you in winter).
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir
stoopdude
14ers: 57  3 
13ers: 72
Trip Reports (0)

Post by stoopdude »

I have a summer GPS track of this route, let me know if interested, I'll email it to you.