Winter Peak Partners

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
geg86
14ers: List not added

Winter Peak Partners

Post by geg86 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 am

Looking to add some partners for my goal winter list. Prefer a partner with winter experience and avalanche education/training (minimum of AIARE 1). I generally move at a moderate to moderate/fast pace (but can be flexible) and err on the side of conservative decision making in winter. No summit fever or separations etc. It’s looking like it’s going to be a rough avy season so some of this is subject to change based on conditions etc.
- Redcloud/Sunshine
- Grays/Torrey’s via Loveland pass
- Longs (totally avy forecast dependent, but eyeing the cables route)
- Antero
- La Plata

Also interested Atlantic/Pacific, Silverheels, and Squaretop.
weakenedwarrior
14ers: 28 1 3
13ers: 17 2 3

Re: Winter Peak Partners

Post by weakenedwarrior » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:24 am

Interested in Grays & Torreys, Antero, La Plata, Atlantic/Pacific with a preference for going up Pacific East Ridge and maybe Silverheels. I've done a few of the easier peaks in the snow (Quandary, Elbert, Sherman, etc.). I'll complete my AIARE1 in early January. Regarding pace I'm fairly fit but move slower in the snow obviously.
mindfolded
14ers: 26 3
13ers: 7 2

Post by mindfolded » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:11 pm

weakenedwarrior wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:24 am
Interested in Grays & Torreys, Antero, La Plata, Atlantic/Pacific with a preference for going up Pacific East Ridge and maybe Silverheels. I've done a few of the easier peaks in the snow (Quandary, Elbert, Sherman, etc.). I'll complete my AIARE1 in early January. Regarding pace I'm fairly fit but move slower in the snow obviously.
I'm roughly in the same boat and looking for partners as well. PM me when you're putting a trip together and I"ll do the same.
"I get all the news I need on the weather report."
Scott P
14ers: 51 16
13ers: 41 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 pm

I'd be interested in Squaretop and Atlantic.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Plugugly

Post by Plugugly » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:06 pm

geg86 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 am
Looking to add some partners for my goal winter list. Prefer a partner with winter experience and avalanche education/training (minimum of AIARE 1). I generally move at a moderate to moderate/fast pace (but can be flexible) and err on the side of conservative decision making in winter. No summit fever or separations etc. It’s looking like it’s going to be a rough avy season so some of this is subject to change based on conditions etc.
- Redcloud/Sunshine
- Antero
- La Plata

I'm interested. PM if you have plans. Thanks, David
Rudy can't fail.
Squirrellysquirrel

Post by Squirrellysquirrel » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:00 am

geg86 wrote:
- Redcloud/Sunshine
- Antero
- La Plata

I meet the requirements and adhere to a similar strategy; hiked all the 14ers you’ve listed in snow conditions with exception to Longs, but would like to attempt with snow. Interested in the 13ers you listed. Willing to repeat 14ers, too, quite familiar with Redclod/Sunshine area.

After the CAIC reports this week, everyone came out of the woodwork asking me to reconsider my preference for solo hiking. Guess it’s time to find more wintertime climbing partners. I’m pretty low maintenance, but prefer early starts in winter to maximize snow/sun conditions.
"The successful warrior is the average man with laser-like focus." ~ Bruce Lee
geg86

Post by geg86 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 am

Squirrellysquirrel wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:00 am
geg86 wrote:
- Redcloud/Sunshine
- Antero
- La Plata

I meet the requirements and adhere to a similar strategy; hiked all the 14ers you’ve listed in snow conditions with exception to Longs, but would like to attempt with snow. Interested in the 13ers you listed. Willing to repeat 14ers, too, quite familiar with Redclod/Sunshine area.

After the CAIC reports this week, everyone came out of the woodwork asking me to reconsider my preference for solo hiking. Guess it’s time to find more wintertime climbing partners. I’m pretty low maintenance, but prefer early starts in winter to maximize snow/sun conditions.
Will send you a PM; would like to link up.
wasabimck
14ers: 12
13ers: 5

Post by wasabimck » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:38 pm

I am also looking for winter travel partners. I just completed AIARE 1, but don't want to imply that I have a great deal of experience in winter conditions. It may be more accurate that the course made me more aware of the things I do not know and need to experience to learn. That said, I am looking to gain experience in winter conditions on routes that are pretty conservative on days that make sense based on the forecast. I would say I usually keep a moderate pace and can travel on snowshoes or skis.

I have hiked Cupid and Grizzly from Loveland Pass in the snow, but did not continue to Grays/Torreys.

Up for most of the peaks listed in the thread, but I probably wont be ready for Long's until at least spring.
wasabimck
14ers: 12
13ers: 5

Post by wasabimck » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:45 pm

I am also looking for winter travel partners. I just completed AIARE 1, but don't want to imply that I have a great deal of experience in winter conditions. It may be more accurate that the course made me more aware of the things I do not know and need to experience to learn. That said, I am looking to gain experience in winter conditions on routes that are pretty conservative on days that make sense based on the forecast. I would say I usually keep a moderate pace and can travel on snowshoes or skis.

I have hiked Cupid and Grizzly from Loveland Pass in the snow, but did not continue to Grays/Torreys.

Up for most of the peaks listed in the thread, but I probably wont be ready for Long's until at least spring.
ltlFish99
14ers: 40 2 2
13ers: 51

Post by ltlFish99 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:37 pm

I only have 2 snowflakes, longs and Torreys.
I am thinking about sunshine utilizing the east ridge route, cameron and shavano.
I am now 61, in good shape and hike at a moderate, but consistent pace.
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:34 pm

ltlFish99 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:37 pm
I only have 2 snowflakes, longs and Torreys.
I am thinking about sunshine utilizing the east ridge route, cameron and shavano.
I am now 61, in good shape and hike at a moderate, but consistent pace.
Any interest in the decalibron fish? I wouldn’t mind slowing down my pace for ya. Interested in SS/RC later in the season as well.

Alec
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
askwjs
14ers: 53 23
13ers: 27 9

Post by askwjs » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:22 pm

I am hoping to do decalibron in the near future, but going to Antero this weekend first. Have Elbert, Massive, Princeton and possibly G&T on our short list right now as well