Honor thy Father

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Mountain name

Middlebrook Peak
4
11%
Middlebrook Mountain
17
46%
Middlebrook Point
4
11%
Something else
12
32%
 
Total votes: 37
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6236
Joined: 7/26/2004
14ers:summits58 ski46 winter22 
13ers:summits167 ski55 winter45 
Trip Reports (7)
Contact:

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 pm

d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am
Bill won't like this idea. He has to be dead first.
^This

And the mountain will then be constantly misspelled as:

Middlefield
Middleton
Middlestream
Middlebrooke

And in 100 years someone will state that I destroyed all of CO, and the peak will be renamed again.
User avatar
d_baker
Posts: 2720
Joined: 11/18/2007
14ers:summits58 winter15 
13ers:summits277 winter9 
Trip Reports (57)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by d_baker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 pm
d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am
Bill won't like this idea. He has to be dead first.
^This

And the mountain will then be constantly misspelled as:

Middlefield
Middleton
Middlestream
Middlebrooke

And in 100 years someone will state that I destroyed all of CO, and the peak will be renamed again.
What about Middlefinger?
User avatar
d_baker
Posts: 2720
Joined: 11/18/2007
14ers:summits58 winter15 
13ers:summits277 winter9 
Trip Reports (57)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by d_baker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:45 pm

Subsummits can be "Little Middlefinger" and next false summit would of course be "Big Middlefinger" and finally just Middlefinger.
Could throw in the the DYBM too on the summit usgs cap.
User avatar
RyGuy
Posts: 708
Joined: 5/30/2011
14ers:summits58 winter34 
13ers:summits184 winter7 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by RyGuy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 pm

If we move forward with this at some point in time...the peak needs to have some damn good ski lines.

That is all.
"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach
User avatar
cedica
Posts: 418
Joined: 6/25/2014
14ers: List not added

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by cedica » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:33 pm

d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am
Bill won't like this idea. He has to be dead first.
In that case, Austrians or Germans should do us a solid and find a peak to name Mittelbachspitze.
User avatar
dpage
Posts: 869
Joined: 7/5/2009
14ers:summits58 winter2 
13ers:summits22 winter2 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by dpage » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:50 pm

Could we name a pothole or future roundabout in Breckenridge after him instead?
User avatar
DArcyS
Posts: 817
Joined: 5/12/2007
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits487 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by DArcyS » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm

dpage wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Could we name a pothole or future roundabout in Breckenridge after him instead?
And what should we name after Hoffmeyer? After all, he was the first one to have an idea for a website for 14ers, i.e., FourteenerWorld. See how easy it is to forget about webmasters... So maybe a pothole or roundabout is about right. :lol:
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6236
Joined: 7/26/2004
14ers:summits58 ski46 winter22 
13ers:summits167 ski55 winter45 
Trip Reports (7)
Contact:

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Oof. I think I was just called a “webmaster.” That’s low
User avatar
Scott P
Posts: 8254
Joined: 5/4/2005
14ers:summits51 winter16 
13ers:summits41 winter13 
Trip Reports (16)
Contact:

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by Scott P » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:26 pm

d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 pm
BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:37 pm
d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am
Bill won't like this idea. He has to be dead first.
^This

And the mountain will then be constantly misspelled as:

Middlefield
Middleton
Middlestream
Middlebrooke

And in 100 years someone will state that I destroyed all of CO, and the peak will be renamed again.
What about Middlefinger?
Off topic perhaps, but there is an actual place in a very remote place in Arizona called Flipoff Point (seriously). I never could figure out why the name of the point was Flipoff Point. Does anyone here know or can perhaps figure it out? It's a complete mystery.

FlipForm.jpg
FlipForm.jpg (113.69 KiB) Viewed 368 times
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
User avatar
Chicago Transplant
Posts: 3654
Joined: 9/7/2004
14ers:summits57 ski12 winter24 
13ers:summits676 ski36 winter34 
Trip Reports (64)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by Chicago Transplant » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:06 pm

d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 pm
No choice for DYBM...as in Damn You Benchmark.
I voted other, I like your suggestion, and nobody has to die!
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6236
Joined: 7/26/2004
14ers:summits58 ski46 winter22 
13ers:summits167 ski55 winter45 
Trip Reports (7)
Contact:

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Chicago Transplant wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:06 pm
d_baker wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 pm
No choice for DYBM...as in Damn You Benchmark.
I voted other, I like your suggestion, and nobody has to die!
Hooray!!
User avatar
painless4u2
Posts: 1186
Joined: 7/14/2010
14ers:summits58 
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Honor thy Father

Post by painless4u2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:50 pm

Being Italian, I have a few connections that could "take care" of the problem, if necessary.
Once taken care of, I'm all about "Mt. Middlebrook Peak" in honor of his t-shirt prototype.
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
Post Reply