How long until the end?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

When will the Captain be banned?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm

This week
3%
This winter
14%
This year
16%
Sometime later in the future
6%
Never, because he's Bill's sock puppet
10%
Never, because Bill knows he's secretly a hacker who would bring down the website
1%
Never, because Bill enjoys watching us debate things like this
49%

Total votes: 69
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

How long until the end?

Post by Eli Boardman »

Because someone had to say it...how long until the Captain is dishonorably discharged? Place your bets!
Last edited by Eli Boardman on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: How long until the end?

Post by greenonion »

20 January 2021
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 180 39 31
Trip Reports (1)

Post by cottonmountaineering »

captco is a little bitch
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Oh man, I thought this was gonna be a "how long until the end of the American Experiment in Democracy" thread.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

pvnisher wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 pm Oh man, I thought this was gonna be a "how long until the end of the American Experiment in Democracy" thread.
No reason it can't be both...

We all know that the People's Republic of Boulder will face its end-times when FireOnTheMountain only free dives 39 meters.

Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Post by Mtnman200 »

Is this post really necessary?
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JChitwood »

The Captain is a breath of young fresh air into The Forum and we old codgers should chill out. Personally I long for the days when I was young and strong and confident. Who wouldn’t trade their hard acquired wisdom of the ages for the ignorance of youth?
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

I long for the brand new pair of shoulders I had in my youth. I know this is so off topic, but I want to get surgery to fix a bone spur in my shoulder but my doctor thinks I should instead just learn to live with it. That made me feel so old. Unacceptable.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
BenjaminTaylor
14ers: 10 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by BenjaminTaylor »

ker0uac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 pm I long for the brand new pair of shoulders I had in my youth. I know this is so off topic, but I want to get surgery to fix a bone spur in my shoulder but my doctor thinks I should instead just learn to live with it. That made me feel so old. Unacceptable.
Debating whether to remove an irritant? Sounds pretty on topic to me.
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 320 24 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

JChitwood wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:33 pm The Captain is a breath of young fresh air into The Forum and we old codgers should chill out. Personally I long for the days when I was young and strong and confident. Who wouldn’t trade their hard acquired wisdom of the ages for the ignorance of youth?
I'm pretty young and I can't stand the guy. There's a difference between being young and being childish.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

I didn't respond to the poll because you left out the obvious option.

Never, because his comments are not that offensive.

#snowflake
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Progressives are Oxy-morons
WVMountaineer
14ers: 58  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WVMountaineer »

One of his winter goals is Jagged so he can prove to be superior. My guess is he may ban himself if you know what I mean...
"There are two ways to measure life; the number of days you simply exist or the number of days you spend truly living your human experience." 14ers.com user goingup