free microspikes near Green Mtn (Boulder)

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rdp32
Trip Reports (0)

free microspikes near Green Mtn (Boulder)

Post by rdp32 »

I was hiking from Green Mtn to Bear Peak today, and took a little diversion just East of the "Green Bear Trail" right after it leaves the Green Mountain West Ridge Trail (see map below). I basically just headed up and over the small hill right on the East side of the trail until I was out of sight from the trails, and sat down on a small log to, um, take a breather. Anyway, later in my hike I noticed that my Kahtoola microspikes (size large) were no longer strapped to my pack, and I'm pretty sure it was from that break. I didn't have the time or energy to go back for them, and I don't particularly feel like driving all the way up to Boulder to retrieve them (I'm rarely up that way), but I would also like them to be put to good use (they have a lot of life left on them)... so they're free for whoever finds them first!
greenMountain.png
greenMountain.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1494 times
Last edited by rdp32 on Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebeave7
14ers: 58 
13ers: 127
Trip Reports (25)

Re: free microspikes near Green Mtn (Boulder)

Post by thebeave7 »

Cool, I'll be running that trail tomorrow and will keep an eye out for them. Happy to ship them back to you (if I find them) if you pay shipping.

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs
rdp32
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rdp32 »

thebeave7 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 pm Cool, I'll be running that trail tomorrow and will keep an eye out for them. Happy to ship them back to you (if I find them) if you pay shipping.

Eric
Eric---that would be sweet (thanks for offering!), but I also would simply be happy for them to find a new home, so if you need them, feel free to keep them as well. Just let me know

All---I forgot to mention that they are size large (I just edited the post to reflect that).

This is like Fenn's treasure all over again!
Cereal
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Cereal »

I looked on Saturday but didn't find them. The treasure could still be out there!
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

rdp32 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm This is like Fenn's treasure all over again!
your poetry skills could use a little work.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin