Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ker0uac
14ers: List not added

Re: Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Post by ker0uac » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Snow_Dog_frassati wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:48 pm
speth wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm
ker0uac wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Mountaineering is a hobby (or sport depending on our POV) that exists outside of Colorado as well. There are lots of elite mountaineers who have never touched a 14er or 13er in their lives. In fact, some of the greatest mountaineers I have met in my life never attempted to conquer the 14ers.
Went to a CMC talk I believe in 2012 with Ed Viesturs, and he did a QA at the end. Someone asked if he had ever "conquered a Colorado 14er" and he literally laughed at them, one of my favorite Colorado memories overall.
I love how self-absorbed Colorado climbers get, myself very much included. We think we are so hard for having done the 58 when in reality most of those are just walk-ups. Looking at some of the routes in the Cascades, Sierra, Tetons or even the more difficult 13ers is humbling for sure! :lol:
I am not saying it's not a worthy achievement. I am just saying it's not as much as of a badge of honor outside of Colorado because there are lots of cool and challenging mountains in other places as well. I love Colorado and all of our mountains, but 14ers is not to mountaineering what Yosemite was to rock climbing.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
ker0uac

Post by ker0uac » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm

cedica wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:07 pm
Well, obviously somebody smart enough not to say "do you know who I am". Because retort would be too easy.
existential.jpg
oh wow, a meme, fireonthemountain would be impressed by how tech savvy you are =D> :lol:
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
docinco

Post by docinco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:16 pm

Jbroscious wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm
Lol..no auditions guys and gals. I just do not mess around with mother nature.

There may be a group meet up from anyone that wants to join. It is merely a suggestion for interest in my routine. I normally get up at 5am at home. I got caught in 5 storms last year. Mt. Princeton hike the weather turned on me and got really foggy. I got lost going up and going down. If it weren't for my skills and navigation experience an average good hiker would have been screwed. My trip to Mt. Bross, Democrat, Lincoln, and Cameron was brutal. Up high on the ridge to Bross 80 mph winds came from out of nowhere. A guy that was hiking in front of me got blown over and almost off the ridge. I almost got blown off the ridge. Colorado weather is pretty predicable otherwise, but every now and then it wants to kill you. I don't want to die. Do you?

I Have a lot of Alpine experience in the back country of Yosemite and the High Sierra. I climbed in Yosemite Valley for 6 years. I was a wilderness First Responder and Rock Climbing Guide for 8 years on the East Coast. I have climbed at least 500 mountains between the East and West Coasts, Hawaii, Italy, Canada and South Korea.

It's my post and I will govern it how i want it to be. I also like to chill and have fun. After the hike i usually fire up a 20 oz. steak and drink a 6'er below the 14'er. This post is really trying to cut out the lazy ones who want to take all day. Sorry, but again my post. I want to get it done and puff one down and drink a shot of Bourbon to commensurate the victory. It is all about attacking the mountain hard on the way up and chill on the way down. I like to meet and talk with strangers as well. It's a mix with my athletic ability and ego driven mind with the technical engineering medical side governing me. I'm pretty wild as well. I usually attract kind people. I am also a a giving person and try hard to make friends and be liked.
good luck with the last two--you're better off alone, commensurating your victory (??). you have certainly made an impressive debut on this website.
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm

ker0uac wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:13 pm
Snow_Dog_frassati wrote:
speth wrote:

Went to a CMC talk I believe in 2012 with Ed Viesturs, and he did a QA at the end. Someone asked if he had ever "conquered a Colorado 14er" and he literally laughed at them, one of my favorite Colorado memories overall.
I love how self-absorbed Colorado climbers get, myself very much included. We think we are so hard for having done the 58 when in reality most of those are just walk-ups. Looking at some of the routes in the Cascades, Sierra, Tetons or even the more difficult 13ers is humbling for sure! :lol:
I am not saying it's not a worthy achievement. I am just saying it's not as much as of a badge of honor outside of Colorado because there are lots of cool and challenging mountains in other places as well. I love Colorado and all of our mountains, but 14ers is not to mountaineering what Yosemite was to rock climbing.
I thought you didn’t finish the 14ers? Idk why people hide their list
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
ker0uac

Post by ker0uac » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm

CaptCO wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm
ker0uac wrote:
Snow_Dog_frassati wrote:

No I didn't. Just the Elk peaks before I moved here. Colorado is a good training ground for the Andes and Himalayas.
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:03 pm

timewarp01 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 pm
I wonder how long it takes for guys like this to realize what a caricature they are. Immediately dismissing the well-intentioned advice of more experienced climbers is a rookie mistake that often leads to lessons learned the hard way. If nothing else, I hope the OP appreciates that his posts are riddled with red flags that any potential partners will see and steer well clear.
I know who and what i am. I know what i am capable and incapable of. I'd rather climb alone knowing that i didn't choose someone that i knew was going to put me in danger. If you do not like what you read then pass on. It is my post. Red Flags. Okay i get it, but i really do not care if you want to chuckle, make fun of, stay clear of or turn down. I am looking for someone that wants to do a marathon. If you are not at the same energy level as a climbing partner than you pull the whole team down or get caught in a storm. So what it i want to find who i want to find? Out of you 100 so applicants only 1 or 2 of you might be the one. I will gladly wait. I will alter the post to make it more agreeable (-) the red flags so to say. In the end someone will message me and we'll kick some ass on the mountain. I have 3 months you know :roll:
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm

ker0uac wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm
CaptCO wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm
ker0uac wrote:

No I didn't. Just the Elk peaks before I moved here. Colorado is a good training ground for the Andes and Himalayas.
Who's saying i am doing just the walk up? I did say climbing right?
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:10 pm

ker0uac wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 pm
timewarp01 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 pm
I wonder how long it takes for guys like this to realize what a caricature they are. Immediately dismissing the well-intentioned advice of more experienced climbers is a rookie mistake that often leads to lessons learned the hard way. If nothing else, I hope the OP appreciates that his posts are riddled with red flags that any potential partners will see and steer well clear.
This is an inflammatory post that adds no value.
It's okay. He has a good point made. I need to alter a few things in the original Post i made. I am not trying to be a dick, but simply omitting the obvious people first.
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm

jfm3 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm
Jbroscious wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:35 pm
I wish you realized who you were talking to. I have more skills than you realize. I am almost a professional climber, and was a guide for 8 years.
Who ARE we talking to? Who are you? If you have all these qualifications and all this experience, there may well be someone on this forum who has some first or second-hand knowledge of you. Not sure the Man vs. Wild ethos is necessary for a stroll up the 'harder and desolate' Mt. Sherman.
I'm Batman!

Some of these climbs are not easy. Yes most are walk up, but some get pretty serious. How can anyone say that these are all easy? The ridge from Wilson Peak to El Diente is easy? How about the Class 4's? There are variations like any mountain has. Mt. Snefels has good technical climbing. The Wetterhorn and nearby Matterhorn a 13'er is pretty serious?
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:18 pm

CaptainSuburbia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm
Jbroscious wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:38 pm
CaptainSuburbia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:34 pm
I'd be in if breakfast was included.
It can always be arranged, but you'd be getting up earlier than 4am.
That's fine. I'm partial to 3am starts anyways. Donuts or a pop tart would be sufficient for breakfast.
If you are serious send me a PM. I work well with others. Breakfast on the run is perfectly acceptable.
Jbroscious

Post by Jbroscious » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Snow_Dog_frassati wrote:
speth wrote:
ker0uac wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:32 pm

Mountaineering is a hobby (or sport depending on our POV) that exists outside of Colorado as well. There are lots of elite mountaineers who have never touched a 14er or 13er in their lives. In fact, some of the greatest mountaineers I have met in my life never attempted to conquer the 14ers.
I've hiked and climbed in all those places plus more.
SkaredShtles

Post by SkaredShtles » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:23 pm

This thread is pretty awesome.