Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jbroscious
14ers: List not added

Re: Summer 2021 Partner for Harder or Desolate Peaks

Post by Jbroscious »

d_baker wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm
Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:26 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm Oh, that was clever! Such wit
I cannot slam you too hard with your stats and all
I don't have stats that stand up to yours! Bring it on! Hahaha
uhh..I'm going to go take some bong hits. You Go sort it out hand solo dude
d_baker
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 284 9
Trip Reports (58)

Post by d_baker »

That was weak. Come back after your bong hit and let's see what you come up with.
d_baker
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 284 9
Trip Reports (58)

Post by d_baker »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:26 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:24 pm Oh, that was clever! Such wit
I cannot slam you too hard with your stats and all
I have taken it upon myself to use the following stat list of yours that someone else took the time to assemble, I hope that is ok. I tried to break it down and be fair in comparison. Let me know how I did.
Phew, ok, here goes.....
highpilgrim wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:32 pm
Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm
I love that pic for your profile. That movie was interesting for sure. I am a retired chef. My soups are great! I cook every night. Climb by day. Eat and drink at night. Repeat 20x in a month.
1) chef
I'm not a chef, I'm a Baker. I can bake pies. I like to roast veggies too, but not a chef. Fail, me.
2) climbing guide
I have never ever been a guide, but I volunteered as an instructor for a mountaineering school. Does that count?! Oh, but I did get some training from a guide. Eli Helmuth. And what he told me, or asked, was, "how do you know when a guide is in the room? He's the one talking all the time!" You fit this description. Fail, me -- again.
3) rock climbing guide
Again, see above. I do own a couple of ATC guides though. Fail, yup, me again. Damn I see a trend here.
4) medic
I put a bandaid on one my workers before. Does that count? Fail, me. But he survived!
5) survival expert
Expert at nothing, still learning how to survive.
6) general hero
Hmmm....I want to be someone's hero. Some day, some day.
7) f***ing back-country Prius driver (nice touch)
hahahaaahahaa...that's ok, I won't hold that against you. Everyone needs to get around somehow. Besides, the Dick that wrote that lives in Missouri, wtf!

You’re a dillhole of many talents, somewhat like the mighty Wuldier.
Yup, there it was! We're both dillholes!

You go, boy.
You go boy, go go.
Altitude High
14ers: 22
13ers: 5

Post by Altitude High »

Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:08 am I will try to save your life and you will try to save mine!
This doesn't seem to bode well for whoever applies and is accepted.
douglas
14ers: 51
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by douglas »

Can’t we all just agree that Jbrocious and CaptCO should become permanent hiking buddies and only exchange information with each other through PMs?
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO »

douglas wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:10 pm Can’t we all just agree that Jbrocious and CaptCO should become permanent hiking buddies and only exchange information with each other through PMs?
No, tomorrow’s a powder day go enjoy ☺️
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
highpilgrim
14ers: 58
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

d_baker wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:49 pm 7) f***ing back-country Prius driver (nice touch)
hahahaaahahaa...that's ok, I won't hold that against you. Everyone needs to get around somehow. Besides, the Dick that wrote that lives in Missouri, wtf!
Yep. I’m a misfit from mizzery. But just smart enough to know that NO ONE with a nickels worth of filling between the ears drives a Prius in the backcountry. But of course there are real heeroes like Grendlebro and I might need to stretch my narrow mind.

Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
greenonion
14ers: 41 1
13ers: 2

Post by greenonion »

You guys realize this is the stuff that’s getting the forum closer to being shut down? Just shut up. And Alec is barely part of this. Just stop. Jeezus
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail…?
Wildernessjane
14ers: 58 12 42
13ers: 229 18 16

Post by Wildernessjane »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 am
Wildernessjane wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 pm
Jbroscious wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 pm

No..too fast. I got a knee issue and a broken neck. Nice Stats if they are true. I walked with a 35 pound pack and took a 2 hour break in between Sunshine/Red Cloud and Handies. Still did it in 12 hours though. I got hammered by a storm on my way to Sunshine.
A 35 lbs pack for Sunshine/Red Cloud and Handies? Okay so I have to ask...what the heck did you have in your pack? I hauled a 38-40 lbs pack up and over on Rainier but that included technical gear and overnight equipment and such. I would definitely not consider myself to be in the “ultralight” camp but a 35 lbs pack for a day hike? I’m not sure I could hit that mark if I tried, even in winter. Good luck with your recruitment efforts. Nice debut on the forum.
I carry all the essential gear needed to bivouac overnight if needed, if hurt, or if someone else needs attention. I am a nurse after all is said and done. Yes. Most are in fact day hikes, but i am training for something bigger than 14ers. Has anyone even thought that i might be training for something bigger?
Well that wasn’t super helpful. You act like the comment about being a nurse speaks for itself. My husband is a nurse and a regular partner of mine has been an emergency room physician (her pack is usually lighter than mine as she can afford the highest end gear). Their first aid kits are not substantially larger than mine. Plus, I always carry the ten essentials and an emergency bivy as well (plus a full selection of jackets, which anyone who has hiked with me can attest to). I’m genuinely curious here. Pics please! Do like that article you posted a link to (“What’s in your pack?).
“Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” -David McCullough?
dpage
14ers: 58 2
13ers: 23 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

greenonion wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:26 pm You guys realize this is the stuff that’s getting the forum closer to being shut down? Just shut up. And Alec is barely part of this. Just stop. Jeezus
Maybe this is Bill trolling us for that very reason? He started this thread to implode the forum so he can shut it down, thus giving himself more free time to ski. What a diabolical mind!
swetnesss
14ers: 47 2
13ers: 101 7

Post by swetnesss »

Jbroscious wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:13 am
Gandalf69 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:09 am How did this thing become over 100 posts? Lol btw if the author is serious on that list of peaks, he should add Capitol and some other hard one, for the end of his trip. Just my 2 cents here
doesn't compute into my itinerary. It makes more sense to lump those peaks into smaller groups for when i return in future years. Driving all over the state wastes time. I have other things i need to do. Other friends i already have plans with. I will be fishing, mining, fossil hunting, camping, biking etc...I have a route planned to finish the easy ones first, add or change a couple, and clump doubles and even triples in one location for the pack-ins.
Damn! What are you mining for? Do you know something we all don’t? This could be the start of the second California gold rush
RETEP 1
14ers: 58
13ers: 19

Post by RETEP 1 »

My sons birthday was yesterday, looks like I missed out on a doozy!!