Found - Abandoned Backpacking Camp in Raggeds/N Anthracite

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bdmtns
14ers: List not added

Found - Abandoned Backpacking Camp in Raggeds/N Anthracite

Post by bdmtns »

Found in the N Anthracite Creek area of the Raggeds, quality backpacking gear evidently abandoned.
- green Nemo tent, rough shape, appears to have wintered in place, water filtration system, bear bag hung

Authorities have been notified, but curious if there have been any missing persons reported with whom this might correspond. A rudimentary web search doesn't bring up much.
Skimo95
14ers: 58 5 14
13ers: 69

Re: Found - Abandoned Backpacking Camp in Raggeds/N Anthracite

Post by Skimo95 »

I also found something similar near the noname/jagged pass split. Orange stuff sack with full north face tent/gear, isobutane sitting in the creek water beside it. A 750ml of Bulleit Bourbon with a few sips gone. Sometimes it makes you wonder..?
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58 7 18
13ers: 170 33 28

Post by cottonmountaineering »

during 2nd rifle hunting season last year there was a surprise cold snap (like -20f) + a foot of snow, i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of hunters abandoned their stuff
bdmtns
14ers: List not added

Post by bdmtns »

cottonmountaineering wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:22 am during 2nd rifle hunting season last year there was a surprise cold snap (like -20f) + a foot of snow, i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of hunters abandoned their stuff
Weather in Zone 43 last fall was not extreme, and was as predicted. I like your logic, but this didn't smack of hunter abandoned setup. But I could be deferring to my imagination as well.
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58 7 18
13ers: 170 33 28

Post by cottonmountaineering »

bdmtns wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:37 am
cottonmountaineering wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:22 am during 2nd rifle hunting season last year there was a surprise cold snap (like -20f) + a foot of snow, i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of hunters abandoned their stuff
Weather in Zone 43 last fall was not extreme, and was as predicted. I like your logic, but this didn't smack of hunter abandoned setup. But I could be deferring to my imagination as well.
wasnt sure about the weather in that area but yeah a thought, bow hunters will use backpacking gear