Peak 10 Avalanche

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Gandalf69
14ers: 31 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (8)

Peak 10 Avalanche

Post by Gandalf69 »

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/adult- ... afternoon/

RIP and please everyone be careful out there.
"There's always the possibility that some a**hole will be offended." -Clint Eastwood, Escape from Alcatraz
"Life is cruel, why should the afterlife be any different".-Davey Jones
"The decision to triage us to death...I understand. I don't know that I would agree with it. Certainly not in retrospect because obviously I made it."-Beck Weathers, Dark side of Everest
YankeesSuk
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Peak 10 Avalanche

Post by YankeesSuk »

Andy Feinstein, president of the University of Northern Colorado, and his son were unfortunately the ones caught in this tragic event. There will be a celebration of Nicks life at 2pm on January 14th in the Campus Commons multi-purpose Room on the UNC Campus. In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations in Nick's name to the colorado fourteeners initiative.
Dobsons
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 317 1 11
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Peak 10 Avalanche

Post by Dobsons »

Heartbreaking. I have two boys and to experience something like that would be crushing. Thinking and praying for the family