Checklist calculation issue

If you have a problem with a non-forum page of the site, please post here so I can take a look. I appreciate being notified so I can make it right. -Bill M.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JROSKA
14ers: 50 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (11)

Checklist calculation issue

Post by JROSKA »

Hi Bill,

Thanks for all the work you do on the site. Regarding the changes, on my checklist, where it says “ranked + named”, it says 49 of 58 for me. As far as I know I’ve only climbed 48 of the list of 58. Just wanted to alert you of this discrepancy.

If I did climb my 49th peak, please send me a summit picture so I know which peak it was. :lol:
disentangled
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Home page changes

Post by disentangled »

My dashboard is doing something similar. It indicates I have two 13ers whereas in fact I have checked none. Saving the checklist with nothing checked on it doesn't seem to alter it.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

JROSKA wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:33 pm Hi Bill,

Thanks for all the work you do on the site. Regarding the changes, on my checklist, where it says “ranked + named”, it says 49 of 58 for me. As far as I know I’ve only climbed 48 of the list of 58. Just wanted to alert you of this discrepancy.

If I did climb my 49th peak, please send me a summit picture so I know which peak it was. :lol:
If you click on your profile it shows 48 one place and 49 on another. Definitely a glitch.
a 14er.PNG
a 14er.PNG (392.36 KiB) Viewed 9809 times
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

disentangled wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:46 pm My dashboard is doing something similar. It indicates I have two 13ers whereas in fact I have checked none. Saving the checklist with nothing checked on it doesn't seem to alter it.
Might get this dang list finished after all! And maybe even before summer!!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Will check those out in the AM coffee hours. I start at 4, who's with me??
Thanks for the info
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Fixed.

This was happening for any checklist where a user had at one time incremented a peak, saved the checklist, then later returned that peak to zero (unchecked). Those empty records were being handled improperly by the recent changes I merged in for Advanced (climb-level) checklists.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
coopergould
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 72
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Checklist calculation issue

Post by coopergould »

Hi Bill,

Thanks for everything you've done for this site and the Colorado climbing community. I've noticed an issue with my checklist for a few months and figured this would be an appropriate thread to bring it up.

Several months ago, my checklist (14ers and 13ers) suddenly stopped showing when I hit "View". If I "edit" my checklist everything looks good and the climb numbers are there, but the "view" portion is completely blank. Moreover, the radio button under the "List" column doesn't show any options besides "CO 14ers" (see screenshot).

For a little background, I have tried clearing my cache, accessing from different browsers/computers, etc with no avail. My checklists are also private if that matters.

Really appreciate the help and please let me know if you need any more info. It certainly could be user error but I had no issue in the past until a few months ago.

Thanks,

Cooper
Attachments
checklist_error.png
checklist_error.png (71.45 KiB) Viewed 9519 times
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

coopergould wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:38 pm Hi Bill,

Thanks for everything you've done for this site and the Colorado climbing community. I've noticed an issue with my checklist for a few months and figured this would be an appropriate thread to bring it up.

Several months ago, my checklist (14ers and 13ers) suddenly stopped showing when I hit "View". If I "edit" my checklist everything looks good and the climb numbers are there, but the "view" portion is completely blank. Moreover, the radio button under the "List" column doesn't show any options besides "CO 14ers" (see screenshot).

For a little background, I have tried clearing my cache, accessing from different browsers/computers, etc with no avail. My checklists are also private if that matters.

Really appreciate the help and please let me know if you need any more info. It certainly could be user error but I had no issue in the past until a few months ago.

Thanks,

Cooper
Dude, you gotta start over!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

coopergould wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:38 pm Several months ago, my checklist (14ers and 13ers) suddenly stopped showing when I hit "View". If I "edit" my checklist everything looks good and the climb numbers are there, but the "view" portion is completely blank. Moreover, the radio button under the "List" column doesn't show any options besides "CO 14ers" (see screenshot).
Thanks,
Cooper
I'll take a look today. Thanks

EDIT: Fixed! This had something to do with it being a private checklist.
coopergould
13ers: 72
Trip Reports (0)

Post by coopergould »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:22 am
coopergould wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:38 pm Several months ago, my checklist (14ers and 13ers) suddenly stopped showing when I hit "View". If I "edit" my checklist everything looks good and the climb numbers are there, but the "view" portion is completely blank. Moreover, the radio button under the "List" column doesn't show any options besides "CO 14ers" (see screenshot).
Thanks,
Cooper
I'll take a look today. Thanks

EDIT: Fixed! This had something to do with it being a private checklist.
Thanks Bill, just confirmed everything looks great on my end as well. Really appreciate the help!
Scott Conro
13ers: 126
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Scott Conro »

Hey Bill! I spotted something funky with my total summits number and this seemed like the best place to reach out.

I was at 200 14er summits until the recent updates and now have 198 summits. I thought it was odd so I added each summit up individually and got 196 summits. I went to a different document with my summits recorded and added them up, once again got 196 summits. It seems my total summits should be 196. Guess I've gotta go back for another Decalibron lap...

I went on to look at the three lists above and below mine and found a similar thing. None of the six lists have an accurate total summit count when compared to their individual summits added together. All of them are short, one by as much as 17. Curious to know what's going on here!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

^Probably since “Northwest Lindsey” was recently determined to be under 14k. It’s now an unnamed, unranked sub summit on the 13er list.

But I will check the overall calculation numbers to make sure they are adding up correctly