Thread ideas that didn't make the cut

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
k_fergie
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 160 34 6
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Thread ideas that didn't make the cut

Post by k_fergie »

Dave B wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:36 pm "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
"I ain't smokin anymore...but I ain't smokin any less."
I thought, I taught, I wrought
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

Carl_Healy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:08 pm
speth wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:01 pm
Carl_Healy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:20 am I remember seeing that popular "Colorado 1900 - 2000" coffeetable book, or whatever it's actual title was, years ago. Just photos of landscapes with direct side by side comparisons between 1900 and 2000.
The thing that struck me about it was how barren everywhere in Colorado looked 100 years ago. I don't know if there was just a bunch of trees cut down or burned in forest fires in the 19th century or earlier that grew back in the 20th century? Or maybe they were just barren in 1900 and trees grew in over the next 100 years anyway.
Or maybe my memory is fuzzy about the photos in that book and in reality Colorado wasn't as barren back then as I'm led to believe.

Don't know about Morrison though.
John Fielder?

Colorado 1870-2000

Colorado 1870-2000 II
That's it.
I remember seeing that in the waiting rooms of so many Denver dentists and doctor's offices 10-20 years ago. And in a few friends houses.
Speaking of…

John Fielder donates thousands of Colorado photographs to museum - History Colorado will open an exhibition dedicated to the art of John Fielder

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Dave B wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:36 pm "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."

Great idea. We are long overdue for a thread that's intended to be funny.
RIP, Mitch.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

^ "This jacket is dry clean only, which means it's dirty"

LO-f**king_L...gone too soon.

Here's one Painless4u2 will get.

Make wilderness less accessible.
painless4u2
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

Yes, Davey Boy, I do. They blame Mitch's death on a drug overdose, but I figure it was more likely due to heart disease exacerbated by periodontal disease, which was worsened by not flossing. So, Davey Boy, for your own heart health and in order to climb those 14ers, better floss daily!
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
dan0rama
14ers: 26  5 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dan0rama »

cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Forget Hollywood, Zhang Ziyi rules!
jibler
14ers: 13 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (18)

Post by jibler »

Keep looking up - Jack Horkheimer
jibler
14ers: 13 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (18)

Post by jibler »

just unearthed photo archive and some surprising facts came to light.

I always thought I climbed castle in 2007. and I distinctly recall that just prior to the 2008 denver broncos season I hiked Devilshead for the first time - because I remember looking out from mile high stadium to see it off in the distance.

but surprisingly - I actually climbed castle 9/1/08 - which means I did that and devilshead for 1st time in less than two week span? I was on a helluva kick.

But I see from my photos too - i was very interested in that old glacial lake/depression up towards the top of castle - and that's still true!

and a few randos for fun:

I had planned on hiking out to Comanche Point on eastside of GC back in the day - but my car wasn't up for going 100 ft down that road and the mileage was more than i bargained for. Instead of 'camping' at all - I dumped my gear, got back in the car and had dinner at the Lodge!

and a Mountain Identification Challenge!

I had had failed attempt on this year or two earlier - and put up with some serious thunder on the way up that day to just bag it and be done.
Keep looking up - Jack Horkheimer
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Jib, is your challenge thrown out serious? N Apostle and Ice.
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 214 37
Trip Reports (21)

Post by Will_E »

CaptainSuburbia wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:30 pm
Flower’in is one of my favorite songs.