pop-up txt box/ hovering

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

pop-up txt box/ hovering

Post by d_baker »

Hi Bill.
Maybe I missed an update on the forum about this, but I was looking at the User Checklist items, and the advanced option, and then I noticed if I hover over my peaks or click on them, the "Notes" section doesn't come up in a txt box anymore.

I also noticed one can no longer see who has liked/disliked reports.

Were those options taken away or is something 'broken?'
ECF55
14ers: 7 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (7)

Re: pop-up txt box/ hovering

Post by ECF55 »

I just posted this on an older thread (but just moved it here)...piling on with d_baker:

No issue with "liking" trip reports, but not that long ago, you could mouse over the thumb up icon and see the full list who has liked the TR (in a little pop up). That no longer happens. Is it just me?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Yup, I'm aware of it. It's a scripting problem that I'll fix when I have a chance. Thanks!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

EDIT: For the TR likes area hover, it was an easy fix that I just made from my phone. I'll follow up with additional testing when I get to a computer.

As far as the hoving to see notes, while editing, you'll now have to tap the peak to see the notes.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:03 am EDIT: For the TR likes area hover, it was an easy fix that I just made from my phone. I'll follow up with additional testing when I get to a computer.

As far as the hoving to see notes, while editing, you'll now have to tap the peak to see the notes.
Thanks Bill.
When viewing a user's checklist, even my own, there was a time I could click on the checked peak and see the notes. That's what I was referring to.
I saw while editing my own that my notes are still there. I noticed a weird character problem with one of my peak notes, so I wanted to see how it displayed while in 'view as' mode and that's when I realized the notes no longer display.
Do I make sense?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

d_baker wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:19 am
BillMiddlebrook wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:03 am EDIT: For the TR likes area hover, it was an easy fix that I just made from my phone. I'll follow up with additional testing when I get to a computer.

Thanks Bill.
When viewing a user's checklist, even my own, there was a time I could click on the checked peak and see the notes. That's what I was referring to.
I saw while editing my own that my notes are still there. I noticed a weird character problem with one of my peak notes, so I wanted to see how it displayed while in 'view as' mode and that's when I realized the notes no longer display.
Do I make sense?
Yeah, I know where you mean. The notes feature caused pages to be large/slow, so it with a breakdown of peak info instead. Sorry, a user's peak notes are no longer publicly viewable. Also, since "advanced" checklists can have notes on each peak->climb, notes were no longer at the peak level.
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Thanks for explaining that, Bill.
Another question about the advanced list...on most or maybe all of my checkmarks I don't have a date set, other than in my notes.
If I went to the advanced list option, all of my peaks would go to the default date that you noted on the "switch to" page?
So it would look like I hiked peaks all over the state on the same date?! Supra might call me out on that....lol
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

d_baker wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:06 pm Thanks for explaining that, Bill.
Another question about the advanced list...on most or maybe all of my checkmarks I don't have a date set, other than in my notes.
If I went to the advanced list option, all of my peaks would go to the default date that you noted on the "switch to" page?
So it would look like I hiked peaks all over the state on the same date?! Supra might call me out on that....lol
Yes, it will slap in default dates but no one can see the dates so you can change them at your leisure. And it will only show a snowflake for peaks where you had "winter" checked on your basic checklist.