Checklist changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
supranihilest
14ers: 58  42 
13ers: 709 1 8
Trip Reports (112)

Re: Checklist changes

Post by supranihilest »

daway8 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 am Awesome, I love how it also shows if the other user has a snowflake or ski descent for a given peak!
Agreed, super cool functionality, Bill. Gonna make use of this for what little I have left. 8)
Last edited by supranihilest on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

Just checked this out. Fantastic!!
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

daway8 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 am Awesome, I love how it also shows if the other user has a snowflake or ski descent for a given peak!

This will be great for teaming up with folks!
I noticed that when I do the Compare User function it no longer seems to display snowflake icons for the users - that was super handy for looking to team up with folks in winter...

Did I just imagine that info was showing up or did that get deactivated?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

daway8 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:28 pm

This will be great for teaming up with folks!
I noticed that when I do the Compare User function it no longer seems to display snowflake icons for the users - that was super handy for looking to team up with folks in winter...

Did I just imagine that info was showing up or did that get deactivated?
You didn't imagine it, I had a bit of a change-control issue with that page and some stuff I worked on at the beach was wiped out.

It should be all set now but I'll test it more in the morning when my brain works.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

Excellent, the snowflakes show up again in the user checklist comparison - very handy for planning winter outings with folks! Thanks!
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 318 23 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

Hey Bill, resurrecting this thread for something I recently noticed on the checklists. When viewing a user's 13er checklist, all the unofficially named peaks (peaks with their name in "quotation marks") are sorted to the bottom of the list instead of by elevation. I would assume this was intentional except that everything else is sorted by elevation, including the unnamed peaks without an "unofficial" name.