Delayed Awakening for Mt. Evans

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
DArcyS
14ers: 58 
13ers: 544
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Delayed Awakening for Mt. Evans

Post by DArcyS »

12ersRule wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:55 am Could just name mountains after people's first names like Mount Jeff, Mount Stu, or Dave Peak. That way when one of the Jeffs fall from grace, you can just think of another Jeff when you "conquer" that mountain.
Just got done watching this series about "Jared the Subway Guy" and pedophilia. So, Mt. Jared won't work here.
JChitwood
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JChitwood »

Not so fast, according to this former US Senator and president of CU, maybe Evans isn’t a bad guy after all.

No doubt many will say the columnist is one of the bad guys too so even he has his facts straight they refuse to believe them.

https://gazette.com/denver-gazette/gues ... 220a7.html
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

12ersRule wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:55 am Could just name mountains after people's first names like Mount Jeff, Mount Stu, or Dave Peak. That way when one of the Jeffs fall from grace, you can just think of another Jeff when you "conquer" that mountain.
Mt. George. Why not go all in on the PC theme of the day and give it to a national hero; a criminal whose blood contained a lethal dose of illegal drugs and died while resisting arrest.

Last edited by Wentzl on Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Progressives are Oxy-morons
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Wentzl wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:33 pm Mt. George.
Mt. George Santos? Devil's Thumb North Face FA with his Jew-ish partner Baron von Münchhausen? Yes, please!

7-Eleven sells Devil Dogs and Spam, this year's man is gonna be a man's man! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upBau1XuA9I)
Monte Meals
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Monte Meals »

Enough of all this Cisgender Heterosexual Boy Names !

Lets just cut to the chase and call it Mountain Dylan Mulvaney

(As with many mountains, Her image is already on a beer can) :mrgreen:
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

12ersRule wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:27 am
XterraRob wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:20 am I believe anyone who engages in renaming efforts like these, but votes Democrat, should abstain until they address their party's disturbing historical participation with the KKK.

Rename the Democratic Party first.
Rename yourself MiniVan Bob first to more accurately represent your current vehicle ownership.
12ersRule, you are channeling HighPilgrim again. If I didn't know better I would say that HighPilgrim got banned (like Dick D. did years ago) and so now he is posting as 12ersRule. :lol:

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
CheapCigarMan
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 108 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by CheapCigarMan »

Mt. Jesus. The only perfect human. Even Islam acknowledges his perfection.
Outside of that, I'm trying to think if perfection exists anywhere in life.

At least I can live with the fact knowing that part of my paycheck today is going to an urgent and worthy need that will change lives for the better. SMH
I should be on a mountain
Matt
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

I think somebody misses the Pilgrim.
nunns wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:08 am 12ersRule, you are channeling HighPilgrim again. If I didn't know better I would say that HighPilgrim got banned (like Dick D. did years ago) and so now he is posting as 12ersRule. :lol:
Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
April 26:
nunns wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:11 am Ahh, nostalgia. I wonder whether my buddy from St. Louis is still lurking on the forum, ready to put down anyone who doesn't share his exact vision of the world? Are you still out there, Mr. Pilgrim?
Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

CheapCigarMan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:44 am Mt. Jesus. The only perfect human. Even Islam acknowledges his perfection.
Wrong, Jesus never said anything about supporting pride month, or wearing a LGBQMTASFXW+ shirt.
And he didn't have any women disciples, or native american ones either.

Cancel him! Crucify him! oh wait....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
CheapCigarMan
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 108 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by CheapCigarMan »

Trotter wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:55 pm
CheapCigarMan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:44 am Mt. Jesus. The only perfect human. Even Islam acknowledges his perfection.
Wrong, Jesus never said anything about supporting pride month, or wearing a LGBQMTASFXW+ shirt.

Thanks for making my point. He was perfect. We are not.
I should be on a mountain
Gulf_Coast_Hiker
14ers: 14 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gulf_Coast_Hiker »

Considering the current state of the nation, might I suggest:

Mt. Bankrupt
Peak Insanity
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

CheapCigarMan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:34 pm
Trotter wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:55 pm

Thanks for making my point. He was perfect. We are not.
Jesus may have been perfect. The cherry-picked interpretation of his teachings that passes for American Christianity is not.
Make wilderness less accessible.