AT ski recommendations

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rmcpherson
14ers: 50 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Re: AT ski recommendations

Post by rmcpherson »

I am building out my AT ski set up this year and would like to get boots fitted in person. Are there any ski shops in Colorado Springs or in the resort areas south of I-70 that deal with backcountry gear? I am located near FairPlay so would prefer to avoid driving to Denver.
angry
14ers: 58  45 
13ers: 231 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by angry »

I got my boots fitted at Mountain Chalet in Colorado Springs.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Just don't get your boots like your climbing shoes, no matter what the hard core people say!
rmcpherson
14ers: 50 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rmcpherson »

angry wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:39 pm I got my boots fitted at Mountain Chalet in Colorado Springs.
Thanks, this looks like a good shop. I'll check them out.