Trashy front range trails

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
stephakett
14ers:summits28 
13ers:summits34 
Trip Reports (1)

Trashy front range trails

Post by stephakett » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 am

i will be out this fall collecting trash from the front range foothills hiking trails, but i have to admit to spending far less time there this year than i normally do. does anyone have any suggestions for especially trashy places?
“My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” (Aldous Huxley)
Lioness
14ers: List not added

Re: Trashy front range trails

Post by Lioness » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:28 am

stephakett wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 am
i will be out this fall collecting trash from the front range foothills hiking trails, but i have to admit to spending far less time there this year than i normally do. does anyone have any suggestions for especially trashy places?
Some of the threads on this forum could use a clean up.
Barnold41
14ers:summits12 
13ers:summits9 

Post by Barnold41 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:29 am

Any standard 14er route (I understand most aren't in the Front Range). I was disgusted with the amount of trash this year, and I only did a few of them...
glenmiz
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits97 ski1 winter4 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by glenmiz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 pm

@Stephakett - Thank you for that. Any well traveled trail is a good spot.

@Barnold41 - Actually, I was surprised how little trash I saw on the 14er standard routes this summer. As a volunteer Peak Steward for Colorado Fourteeners Initiative, I re-summitted some of the more popular 14ers this year multiple times. Although there was a small dose of leftovers, it seemed mostly to be at the trailheads. Thanks to you and all the folks out there for helping keep things pristine.
Aim high to end high
Gandalf69
14ers:summits31 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Gandalf69 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 am

Green mountain, mt falcon, and mt morrison. When I lived in denver area i saw trash on these routes alot. Watch out for the lance Armstrong want to bes on green mountain, they don't yield to hikers even though they supposed to. If more people did what you doing our trails would be cleaner. You rock
"There's always the possibility that some a**hole will be offended." -Clint Eastwood, Escape from Alcatraz
"Life is cruel, why should the afterlife be any different".-Davey Jones
"The decision to triage us to death...I understand. I don't know that I would agree with it. Certainly not in retrospect because obviously I made it."-Beck Weathers, Dark side of Everest
CaptCO
14ers:summits58 winter14 
13ers:summits45 winter1 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 am

Gandalf69 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 am
Green mountain, mt falcon, and mt morrison. When I lived in denver area i saw trash on these routes alot. Watch out for the lance Armstrong want to bes on green mountain, they don't yield to hikers even though they supposed to. If more people did what you doing our trails would be cleaner. You rock
I’d join on any/all of these, might do some trail running to make things fun
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
XterraRob
14ers:summits41 winter7 
13ers:summits12 winter1 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:27 am

Any trail with a human on it can be considered Trashy.
oldmanforest
14ers: List not added
13ers:summits9 

Post by oldmanforest » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 am

Thanks for doing this.
Last edited by oldmanforest on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephakett
14ers:summits28 
13ers:summits34 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by stephakett » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Gandalf69 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 am
thanks so much for the suggestions!! i’ve been trying to think of places where i could make the most impact, so i will be sure to make a stop at these this month! anyone interested in joining is more than welcome to PM me
“My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” (Aldous Huxley)
Trotter
14ers:summits53 winter5 
13ers:summits179 ski2 winter12 
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Trotter » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:12 pm

having just done mt falcon today, theres no trash. Except for abandoned doggy poop bags. Thats about the worst kind of trash I would want to pick up. Unless its frozen maybe?
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche