"Other" option for Conditions Reports

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

"Other" option for Conditions Reports

Post by d_baker »

Currently I only see 14ers and 13ers as options on the conditions report. I thought there was an "other" option, such as for 12ers, etc.
Or has that option never been there?

Anyway, LCW on N side (Kenosha Mtns) have very little snow. Snowshoes not required (Pk Y) and Long Gulch TH is accessible probably by any vehicle with all-season type tires. Snow covered and washboard, but otherwise in fine shape to TH.
CoHi591
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 76
Trip Reports (0)

Re: "Other" option for Conditions Reports

Post by CoHi591 »

Thanks for posting this.

I'm always wondering about Sopris conditions too and wish it could be an honorary 13er option on the site for conditions reports.
The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days.
Sbenfield
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 289 4 25
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Sbenfield »

I always thought this would be a sweet addition !
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 58  8  18 
13ers: 60 2 11
Trip Reports (38)

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

d_baker wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:00 pm I thought there was an "other" option, such as for 12ers, etc.
There is for trip reports. It would be cool to have it available for condition updates, too.
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

HikesInGeologicTime wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:29 pm
d_baker wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:00 pm I thought there was an "other" option, such as for 12ers, etc.
There is for trip reports. It would be cool to have it available for condition updates, too.
Yes, that is correct about the trip reports. I think there was a time the conditions had it too though. Maybe Bill broke it.... :-D
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

How would it display on the conditions report page? If we have all the 12ers and 11ers on that page, it would be super huge and unwieldy .

Alltrails app is actually pretty good conditions updates for most things that aren't 14ers, that have trails anyways
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche