Durable boots/runners with good traction?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Hiking_TheRockies
14ers: 22  1 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Durable boots/runners with good traction?

Post by Hiking_TheRockies »

Adding on to the LS Ultra Raptor boots, I have used them for two seasons now and have absolutely loved them. I have used them for trail running twice and hiked with them a countless number of other times, and they have never disappointed. The grip is amazing, and teamed with their lightweight profile and flexibility, they are great for rock scrambling (I’ve done up to Class 3, I assume they perform just as well on Class 4).

I was looking for a lightweight boot to be more comfortable and have ankle support, and I struck gold with this one. The times that I have gone trail running, both on flat and downhill sections of rock and trail, they were consistently grippy and lightweight. They never felt heavy to me and I am considering not buying trail running shoes and just sticking with these. The ankle support is pretty good, and for a flexible, lightweight boot/trail runner these perform excellently.
Hiking when possible