Thank You

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Thank You

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Thank you to those who helped 14ers.com with a recent donation. I have a hard time asking people to help me pay for this beast but as the years go by it gets more difficult to sink my own money into the costs. I will always keep 14ers.com free and no one should ever feel obligated to make a donation. From the emails I receive, it seems those who make a donation do so because the site has been helpful and worth supporting. That's good to hear.

We are set for 2022

I like spending time working on the site and will continue to do my best each day to keep this thing alive, growing and evolving. The mobile apps are a good example of that and much of my time spent on the site over the last couple of years has been on expanding those apps.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the cooler months!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Re: Thank You

Post by daway8 »

Thank you Bill! This site and the apps that go with it have been and continue to be tremendously useful in all sorts of ways and are absolutely worth supporting!
MKwhite45
14ers: 35 
13ers: 31
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MKwhite45 »

Thank you!!! Best site ever!
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Always glad to help, Bill! This site has done so much for so many over 15+ years.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Super helpful for a bunch of years now. Thank you, Bill.
ScottLovesRMNP
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 327 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ScottLovesRMNP »

I could never have done what I've done in the mountains without the help of this site, and I'm sure countless others would agree. Thank you so much!!
benopp
14ers: 37  1  1 
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (1)

Post by benopp »

This is the best and most important site for me on the internet. Thank you Bill.

I bought a t-shirt a few years ago, and I always come back and look for new t-shirts. I wonder this-- would a yearly t-shirt help raise more money? Perhaps a t-shirt that is made of premium fabric and costs a fair bit more (e.g. $25-30) so more profit can go to supporting this site? I do like the 2020 version but it is not in my usual rotation as the fabric is a little rough. Also, you could showcase a different mountain/route every year. [But I realize this comes with a lot of work and logistical challenges-- e.g. making your home into a warehouse with multiple racks of t-shirts.]
One's 13er list should be longer than one's 14er list. There are like 10x more of them afterall.
Iguru
14ers: 18 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Iguru »

ScottLovesRMNP wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:30 am I could never have done what I've done in the mountains without the help of this site, and I'm sure countless others would agree. Thank you so much!!
+1
I gotta get me an Avatar.
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Here is one suggestion Bill.
My brother says (I have no idea if this is true or not) that all the new 14er T-shirts out there include Sunlight Spire. Most people who want a 14ers T-shirt want to be able to look at it and say "I have done those X mountains, and I have these Y mountains to go." Most people on here will never climb Sunlight Spire. Whether it is a "real" 14er is still up for debate.

If you keep making 14er shirts without The Spire on them, I think people will keep buying them. I know I will.

Thanks for all that you do.

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
Skimo95
14ers: 58  14  23 
13ers: 176 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skimo95 »

Thank you Bill!
Sign me up for 3x M polyester spire shirts.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

nunns wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:08 am Here is one suggestion Bill.
My brother says (I have no idea if this is true or not) that all the new 14er T-shirts out there include Sunlight Spire. Most people who want a 14ers T-shirt want to be able to look at it and say "I have done those X mountains, and I have these Y mountains to go." Most people on here will never climb Sunlight Spire. Whether it is a "real" 14er is still up for debate.

If you keep making 14er shirts without The Spire on them, I think people will keep buying them. I know I will.

Thanks for all that you do.

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
Ha! "Sunlight Spire" has once again been shown to be under 14k according to LIDAR measurements. It's not a "real" 14er. I'm not sure it's even a "real" 13er, just a technical point on a ridge that is very cool and very hard to summit
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Bill,
I’d love to hear the story of how you originally brought this site together, including the many hours in the field collecting photos and beta. Guessing you’ll be too modest to give that up, but pretty please!

Or anyone else who may have stories or knowledge of such.

Stu