|Peak:||Savage Peak (13er)|
|Posted By:||Nathan Hoobler|
|Date of Info:||06/07/2020|
- Started from the TH at 4:00 am.
- Got a little slowed by the MASSIVE avalanche path in the valley below the lakes. There is a way through, but it looks as though there's been fresh avalanche activity this year, which makes the going more difficult.
- Bottom of Savage Couloir at 6:45 am.
- Perfect snow conditions in couloir. Climbing almost could not have been better. It rained the previous day, which likely consolidated the snow.
- Summited around 8:30 am.
- Descended the northeast ridge back to the valley to retrieve snowshoes.
- Brought snowshoes but didn't use them. There's still a ton of snow but we never postholed enough to feel that snowshoes would be faster.
- Mega-classic couloir route! We encountered some skiers on the the northeast ridge who were eyeing the couloir but they decided to ski a line on the north face instead.
Photos (click for slideshow):