Justin Simoni's Bikes

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Justin Simoni's Bikes

Post by timisimaginary »

someone on this forum had an article written about him and his bikes and was too shy/humble/busy to post a link to it, so here it is: https://www.irunfar.com/trailhead-vehic ... s-bicycles
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Justin Simoni's Bikes

Post by JChitwood »

Nice article about our Justiner. Love those spicy orange La Sportiva TX3s. Not sure about the picture of him portaging his bike on Guanella Pass. Pretty rough terrain Guanella is more of a flat parking lot.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 215 37
Trip Reports (21)

Post by Will_E »

That’s a cool article. I could never give up the utter convenience of a car.
Wildernessjane
14ers: 58  13  46 
13ers: 256 25 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Wildernessjane »

Great article! Thanks for sharing.
“Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” -David McCullough?
Cruiser
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Cruiser »

JChitwood wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:11 am Nice article about our Justiner. Love those spicy orange La Sportiva TX3s. Not sure about the picture of him portaging his bike on Guanella Pass. Pretty rough terrain Guanella is more of a flat parking lot.
That's from that redonkulous Loveland pass to guanella pass trip he did a little while back. I think I remember he posted a silly tr about how hard it was.
Where ever you are... There you are.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

I can't bring myself to read an article about bicycles on a site called I RUN far
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

It's an article about how to get to your RUN! :lol: Most of my bike rides are < 5 miles to a trailhead or to the coffee shop of course.

Here's the Guanella Pass video. NEVER AGAIN! (narrator: probably going to happen again)

Cruiser
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Cruiser »

^^^ That's the good stuff! Perfect example of the kind of thing nobody should do but everybody should do.
Where ever you are... There you are.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Great article! My vehicle is a 2007 Hybrid where the batteries can run out any moment on it. Currently am working at home 100% of the time, so just wondering if it's time for me to experiment a bit with mostly getting around by bike and foot.
madbuck
Trip Reports (6)

Post by madbuck »

Good stuff!
Might seem "extreme" (it is in some ways), but think about people driving to a gym to work out inside. Or getting excited about special motor vehicles that drive, slowly, a couple miles closer to a hiking trailhead. That's extreme! Even more extreme: those that hardly do anything outside of cars or buildings at all. Extreme, but (sadly) not rare!
WVMountaineer
14ers: 58  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WVMountaineer »

Very entertaining article and video. Thank you for sharing!
"There are two ways to measure life; the number of days you simply exist or the number of days you spend truly living your human experience." 14ers.com user goingup
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

madbuck wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:46 pm Good stuff!
Might seem "extreme" (it is in some ways), but think about people driving to a gym to work out inside. Or getting excited about special motor vehicles that drive, slowly, a couple miles closer to a hiking trailhead. That's extreme! Even more extreme: those that hardly do anything outside of cars or buildings at all. Extreme, but (sadly) not rare!
Screenshot_20211030-135242_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211030-135242_Chrome.jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 1280 times