Kids 1st 14er

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
stickmann
14ers: 23 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Kids 1st 14er

Post by stickmann »

Use the 14ers Route Finder tool. There is a option in the Routes drop down to select “Easiest 14ers” and then you can limit the round trip distance.

Unfortunately, this is not a Colorado Family Vacations website so you’ll probably have to do a bit more research on that yourself.
Camden7
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 195 5 11
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Camden7 »

I did the west face of snowmass when I was 10. Geneva lake is a beautiful spot to hang out and fish. Snowmass is a bit tough as a first one though…
If you aren’t thirsty, you brought too much water.
If you aren’t hungry, you brought too much food.
If you aren’t scared, you brought too much gear.
If you made it to the top, it was too easy anyway.
-climbers’ adage
mjlucarelli
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 105 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mjlucarelli »

My kiddos first 14er was Sherman, they were 7 and 9, but they have been doing 13ers since they were 5. That peak puts you near Breck, Buena Vista and Salida which are all good family destinations. Take them to Princeton Hot Springs as a treat for summiting their first 14er!

Good luck!!!
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...except bears, bears will definitely kill you. :shock: