Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Neil
14ers: 41 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Hot Tub on Mt. Democrat

Post by Neil »

SurfNTurf wrote:that still doesn't explain the need to post multiple times on the forum, blast every little update on Facebook and notify the media.
You're right, it doesn't. But again, why are you worried about it? Let people do what they want. Who cares. This is a tired subject that has been going on with Mandy and others over the years. Why do people get their panties in a bunch about what other people want to do with their lives? Let it go.
SolarAlex wrote:live and let live
Exactly! :D
"On the edge of the porch in the warm evening night
Throwing the bone for the dog I see two passing lights
Well, I wonder where that driver's bound
Is there someone, somewhere, someway out there that I've not found"
-Driving Song
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

Neil wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:that still doesn't explain the need to post multiple times on the forum, blast every little update on Facebook and notify the media.
You're right, it doesn't. But again, why are you worried about it? Let people do what they want. Who cares. This is a tired subject that has been going on with Mandy and others over the years. Why do people get their panties in a bunch about what other people want to do with their lives? Let it go.
SolarAlex wrote:live and let live
Exactly! :D
Why are you worried about me being worried about it?
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
Crusty
14ers: 55 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Crusty »

SurfNTurf wrote:Why are you worried about me being worried about it?
Why are you worried about someone who is worried about you worrying about it?
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

OMG WHY DOES EVERYONE ON 14ERS.COM HATE ME I AM SO DONE WITH THIS THREAD!!!!111!!!1!!!!1
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

lol
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
jsdratm
14ers: 24  2 
13ers: 40
Trip Reports (4)

Post by jsdratm »

Me everytime there is a thread about the 14er hot tub:

Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

somethingrandom wrote:...this one was no less valid than Crossfitter taking kegs up peaks.
The way I see it, Crossfitter didn't call it good at the edge of the trailhead parking lot.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Papillon wrote:
somethingrandom wrote:...this one was no less valid than Crossfitter taking kegs up peaks.
The way I see it, Crossfitter didn't call it good at the edge of the trailhead parking lot.
And then arrange news coverage wearing a speedo...
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
Brian C
14ers: 45  5 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (25)

Post by Brian C »

SurfNTurf wrote:OMG WHY DOES EVERYONE ON 14ERS.COM HATE ME I AM SO DONE WITH THIS THREAD!!!!111!!!1!!!!1
Haha!
Fletch wrote:...(ii) bragging about building and lugging the hot tub to the top of a mountain (which, sadly, does not).
I think you me lugging it to the edge of the parking lot.

This thread is going to be awesome.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth
Neil
14ers: 41 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Neil »

SurfNTurf wrote:Why are you worried about me being worried about it?
Don't worry about it! :D Nothing is worth fighting over the day before those most magical of days -- Derby Day and Cinco de Mayo -- merge into one great big hot tub, tequila, and bourbon love fest anyway!
"On the edge of the porch in the warm evening night
Throwing the bone for the dog I see two passing lights
Well, I wonder where that driver's bound
Is there someone, somewhere, someway out there that I've not found"
-Driving Song
milan
14ers: 57  1 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (8)

Post by milan »

I red about their idea several months ago. To built a hot tube on a 14er, mimic what some other people did on Mt.Blanc. Why not. Thumbs up. Although to be in similar range, they would probably have to bring it up on Longs Peak... But Democrat, a 14er - still cool.
The result so widely presented and bragged about was that they drove to a parking lot, pulled the stuff out of their trunks, built it right there and instead of melting snow, they used liquid water... For me it became as interesting as reading a tripreport on somebody filling their home bath tube with a garden hose ... The idea wasn't new, selected peak was far easier than Mt. Blanc, they didn't even hike it up, no snow involved....Whatever, they had fun, got some free beer, why not. On the other hand, do we need to read about that so often? It's just not interesting at all.
prestone818
Trip Reports (0)

Post by prestone818 »

This is a little funny